What Are You Drinking This Weekend?

Discussion in 'Night Chat' started by thisnthat, Apr 22, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

We decided to try Bell's Oarsman Ale. It's been pretty warm outside here already this year, so we decided to try something refreshing to enjoy while sitting outdoors. This beer is described as just that, tart and refreshing.

Bell's has proven to be a good brewery. We have enjoyed their offerings so far. We plan to continue trying more. Do you like them?

What are you drinking?

2. tony

tony Active Member

I wish I can get some cool Guinness Stout to drink this weekend, the issue is it's currently out my reach now not even the pubs. In the meanwhile I may be going for Heineken which is also another great beer out there.

3. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

I have been facing severe gastric upset since a few days now. So this weekend it is a strict no for alcohol from my side.

Hope I recover well and get to taste some good and new whisky.

4. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Not much so far, but I am planning on getting a bunch done today so hopefully I can relax with something a little special. Feels like a cocktail night.

5. tony

tony Active Member

Easy, I wish you good health, so sorry to hear you suffering from stomach upset. I wish you speedy recovery. You should take good care of yourself first before going back to Whiskey.

6. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

Thank you so much for your kind words. I appreciate your concern . Today I'm feeling a bit better but still not good enough to consume any kind of drinks. A break for another few days would be better.

Anyways I wish that you all enjoy your weekend.

7. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

The Oarsman's Ale was nice. It was perfect for a day and cooking on the grill.

I hope you are feeling better.

What kind of cocktails do you like? I like a good margarita, ha ha. I'm also a fan of gin, preferably a gimlet.

A good whisky is always nice and relaxing too. Hope you had a good weekend.

8. Zero

Zero Member

I really have yet to get my head around it, but i'm definitely considering drinking a bit more than i usually do since life has been a bit stressful over the past few days.

9. xyrene

xyrene Member

Well this coming weekend I will just have a few drinks with my friends, and we will consume a sweet-tasting alcoholic drink called gin and juice.Sounds good. I've always liked the taste of gin and juice.

10. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

I like gin too on occasion. What kind of juice do you prefer?

Have you tried it with cranberry and a splash or orange? It's tasty and refreshing.

I prefer gin to vodka. Any drink typically made with vodka, I make with gin instead.

11. DavidLee

DavidLee New Member

I'm trying something different tonight as well. I just ordered tequila flavored Heineken and I'm taking it with imported KingFisher (wine). I'm certain it's gonna be Lit! -don't wanna get too tipsy tonight

12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

This weekend I basically drank beer and tequila (in a BBq :)), however... All in extremely moderate amounts because lately I have been "out of line". :(

13. tony

tony Active Member

If I am in the mood for drinking this weekend then I may like to go for Heineken beer. My maximum take should not be more than two cans. If I exceed that I may get tipsy.

14. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

This weekend I had some coconut stout, which I've been saving for a while. Since I didn't get around to drinking it for my anniversary, I decided it was time. It was quite good.

I had a home brewed one at a beer festival a while back. It was so delicious that I've been trying to find something similar ever since. This is the first one I've gotten my hands on. It really wasn't that similar but still good. We enjoyed it.

15. Tiile23

Tiile23 New Member

I hope to. Most of my friends aren't really around and beer is best enjoyed with friends alongside long and interesting conversations.
    Well, I may try doing it alone, as first time to everything is worth a try.
    Interestingly, on my list is my newly discovered Star beer. Two bottles won't be bad but who knows, I may try a third and even a fourth. Looks like the more the merrier!! :D

16. tony

tony Active Member

I am not sure if whether I'll be drinking this weekend. Last weekend I had a very good time out with friends we enjoyed some good stuffs. As for this weekend I plan to remain indoors, may not be interested in any drink.

17. dionnextherese

My friends and I will have a simple bonding at a resto bar this weekend and we're going to order Emperador.

18. kgord

kgord Active Member

I have some Olde English malt. It is something I haven't tried before, and I will basically try almost anything once. I thought it was worth a try.

19. overcast

overcast Member

Now that rain is coming closer. I am planning to drink something safe for my stomach. So that I don't have to worry about the issues with drinking something I don't like much. That's what is in my mind so far.

20. xyrene

xyrene Member

Just discovered this awesome drink called "Hot Toddy" and I look forward to drinking it again as much as possible.