Hip Hop Music

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FuZyOn, Jul 6, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

This is true I won't change the radio channel if it comes on but I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it but as you say if you have some drinks everything does sounds better.

2. explorerx7

explorerx7 Member

I listen to hip hop music but I am not a fan of those where the rapper is just putting together words that merely rhymes and is not relating a meaningful and positive message. I prefer that those that bring some important social content or other motivating non-violent type of message

3. kgord

kgord Active Member

It is not my style of music, but I don't hate all of it. I don't like nastiness in music just for the sake of being nasty. Positive and uplifting music is usually what I am interested in hearing, not trash talking people around you, or inciting violence or something like that. I am not into that.

Sue likes this.
  4. Sue

Sue Active Member

I am with you on that one. There is a lot of rap music about violence and vulgar language. I use to do music reviews online and you had to listen to some songs that would just sicken you. I like songs with a message. There are good hip hop songs out there which I enjoyed but some aren't even fit to listen to.

5. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

It must be a generational thing, because I could never really get into rap music. There are a few songs that I appreciate, but as a genre, it is not something I listen to a lot of. I'm more into Jazz, Blues, Swing, Rock, etc.

6. iRichard

iRichard New Member

I listen to rap music. I like Mobb Deep, Nas, Tupac, Biggie Smalls, and Snoop Dogg. Later on, I expanded my taste in rock and classical music.

7. artyarson

artyarson Member

I've noticed that I can tolerate hip hop that's playing at a venue as a background music and I'm even having fun listening to it at those moments. However, I can't picture myself listening to hip hop outside this kind of environment. So, to me it's a party music.

8. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

Hip-Hоp is аbsоlutеly musiс. еvеryоnе hаs thеir оwn dеfinitiоn оf musiс but I think dеfining musiс brоаdly аs : “Sоunds аrrаngеd in timе thаt саrry mеаning аnd fееling” shоuld bе prеtty аgrееаblе.
    Hip-Hоp musiс dеfinitеly fits thаt сritеriа. If yоu nееd furthеr prооf, gо tаlk tо sоmе pеоplе thаt likе hip-hоp musiс аnd аsk thеm this quеstiоn.

9. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

Yоu mаy fееl а littlе еmbаrrаssеd аftеr hеаring thеir rеspоnsе. If thаt аpprоасh is tоо dаunting, just kееp rеаding.
    hip-hоp is mаny things tо mаny pеоplе but it is undеniаblе thаt hip-hоp is а wаy оf tеlling stоriеs. Sо mаny musiсаl gеnrеs аrе аlsо аll аbоut tеlling stоriеs. соuntry, Fоlk, Rосk, еvеn сlаssiсаl musiс is оftеn inеxtriсаbly linkеd tо stоriеs.

10. Shana Peckover

Shana Peckover New Member

I was never a fan of rap, but do have a few favorites now....when I say rap, I don't mean traditional rap...I mean "Grime" style rap primarily. One in particular is called Suicide Boys, another Ghostmane. Growing up on industrial music, this gives me the feel of both. I must say that I am a huge Yelawolf and Kevin Gates fan though.

11. overcast

overcast Member

I listen to all types of music. But most of the time I prefer to listen to EDM. And though if drunk then simple Jazz would work for me. I don;t like too heavy music like say metal etc. So jazz and instrumental works for me.

12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

Hip Hop is not my favorite music style, but I like some singers / songs. :)

In general, some lyrics can be very creative, but vocally speaking... I think they are weak singers (but I think in this style of music that doesn't make much difference, does it? :p).

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, it doesn't make too much of a difference if they can sing or not. What they write and how they tell a story is more important than their ability to hit notes.

14. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

I think that's exactly the true spirit of Hip Hop.

It's not about the voice, it's about the lyrics and how they show that messages to the world.

15. payaknapagiisip

I listen to hip hop music every now and then. My playlist has a few artist that is in hip hop genre like Bone Thugs N Harmony, Eminem, and Fugees. I like listening to some of their songs because it is catchy and so unique.

16. haroon rasheed

I am always curious to listen hip hop and any other louder music.I can't live without listening louder hip-hop music.I usually like to listen Eminem for his amazing songs.I always listen to louder music whenever I am alone at my home.

17. dionnextherese

My brother loves this type of genre so he would always play hip hop music on his speakers every morning. As the day goes by, I am now loving it and I would always sing the rap part and dance along to the catchy tunes of hip hop.

18. xyrene

xyrene Member

Yes, like you I also do love rap music, Lil Wayne and Ja Rule are my favorite artists among the many ones out there.