Shot Glasses

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by kgord, Jul 1, 2016.

1. xyrene

xyrene Member

No, I don't have one, I actually dislike collecting any glass items like shot glasses or figurines, since I'm not fond of breakable and fragile items, and they will also just gather dust and waste space in my house.

2. Zero

Zero Member

I agree with you on this, i rarely collect or store any items unless needed.

3. xyrene

xyrene Member

Oh you don't collect anything at all? I don't mind collecting DVD's and CD's and even bags, pouches and old model phones, I'm just not into collecting breakable things like glasses and figurines.

4. Vallante

Vallante New Member

I have a few, but they are reserved for slugging cheap fire-water during rambunctious parties. When I want to actually enjoy alcohol, I pull out my classic crystal glass. It is a classy implement, designed to bring out the best in classy whiskeys. I take it bloomed with just a few drops of very pure water, only slightly chilled below room temperature. This is just the right way to avoid the warm-whiskey burn, and also to be a refreshing, thoughtful experience. Good booze is expensive, so care must be taken to get the most out of it.

5. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I'm the same, i have simple and cheap ones that i use regularly and then quality ones.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I am kind of glad that I do not have any of these laying around. It is just another temptation that I would have to avoid, which doesn't really work anyway because I just use a normal glass and sip, but oh well.

7. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Well i have to admit that they are tempting at times

8. serbog

serbog New Member

My parents own a lot of collections of shot glasses which they use regularly. I sometimes drink from them and they are really nice and stylish. A lot of friends have gifted us shot glasses which is kinda strange but awesome at the same time.

9. dionnextherese

I had a few collection of shot glasses a year ago but all of them broke because the cabinet fell down due to a slight earthquake. After that, I didn't actually buy shot glasses ever again because I don't drink much anymore because I have now a limit to my drinking habit.

10. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin New Member

Nice. Let me try it sometimes.

11. kgord

kgord Active Member

I have some around here, but I don't tend to use them much. They are mostly decorative. I have seen some shot glasses made out of Jolly Ranchers that look pretty interesting to use.

12. overcast

overcast Member

I used to keep the glasses for shot. And also had some of the really good shots designs. Lot of different stores and the bars have different glass. So that quality and the make difference is worth collecting.

13. Hova

Hova New Member

I've got one. I've never really seen the use of having many shot glasses. Maybe I'll add a few for when my friends come over.

14. Ruse

Ruse New Member

I love shot glasses, I'm not really sure but I think I have like six shot glasses left at home. I took a couple to a friend's house the last I was at his place and left them there.

15. rz3300

rz3300 Member

It is kind of weird how that is so common a think for people to collect but I wonder if it is more collecting or just getting them and not throwing them away. I think mine was more the latter until I started having to move more.

16. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin New Member

Great!

17. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin New Member

Interesting.

18. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I would be think it's more challenging

19. Hova

Hova New Member

What's so interesting about that?