Lambics Or Fruity Beers

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by Lisa Jo, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Lisa Jo

Lisa Jo Member

I like beer, but not always the beer taste. I used to drink tons of draft cider, but now I'm completely hooked on Belgian Lambics! Has anyone tried any of these? The raspberry ones are particularly nice in my opinion. I have had about 4 or 5 different ones now and love them all. I've also had some just flavored beers, too, that I like. I've had a blackberry stout that was terrific, as well as a cherry wheat ale that were both great. Does anyone have any recommendations for me for new beers to try that are in this sort of style?

2. artyarson

artyarson Member

I've once tried an orange flavored beer. It was kind of weird. I didn't taste like beer at all. It was more of a cocktail.

3. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I have seen them on sale but never was drawn to them. I do like cider a lot but the Lambics seem a bit confusing to me. Is it berry flavored beer?

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Usually flavored beer lacks alcohol and I feel like that takes away from the taste. I'm not the biggest fan of flavored beer, I drank a grapefruit one once and it didn't taste good.

5. kgord

kgord Active Member

I don't know what lambics are. I actually tried an apricot flavored beer one time, and I really liked it. It tasted like beer with just the faintest hint of apricot. It was one of the beers that I remember really liking. It was quite tasty and refreshing really. I think I found it at Trader Joes.

6. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I love good raspberry lambic! Anything from France! I love it, but it is so expensive. I would get one at Trader Joes for $13 for 750 ml! It was gone in a day. It is so tasty and I would treat myself to a bottle.

7. Lisa Jo

Lisa Jo Member

Lambics are great and a lot of them have a pretty decent alcohol content. Most are found in the berry variety. Someone mentioned a beer that had an apricot aftertaste. That sounds yummy. The blackberry stout I had was much like that. It tasted like a stout should, but after you took a sip is when you really got those blackberry undertones. Lambics are not understated like that. You really get the flavor strongly and right away! They can be a bit pricey in the states though.

8. Sue

Sue Active Member

I am not a big fan of fruity tasting beer. I have tried a few and the grapefruit one was about the best one I had. I still couldn't drink more then 1 0r 2 of them though before the sweetness was just too much for my taste.

9. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I do not remember drinking a Lambic beer-but they are brewed in a region in belgium, southwest of Brussels. Lambic beer is fermented through exposure to wild yeast and bacteria that is native to the Zenne valley, instead of cultivated strains of brewers yeast. It has a distinct flavor that is dry and cidery-with a sour aftertaste. I think the fruit lambics would be tasty though and not as sour,because they add the fruit during fermentation. They have names they give to these fruity lambic beers like-Cherry Lambic(kreik),Raspberry Lambic(framboise), and Peach Lambic(peche)-to name a few.

10. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I just cannot do it. If I am craving a beer I want something with that beer taste and the fruit stuff just does not do it for me. I used to like them more when I was younger but not so much anymore.

11. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I agree, i'm the same quality is first.

12. overcast

overcast Member

Fruit beers are good to be honest. But you have to find the right brand. I tried a lot of beers. And found that some of them are really good in terms of the branding and the taste. But overall not much worth it. That's what I can tell you from experience.

13. dellmininotebook

dellmininotebook New Member

I always like to consume the fruity beer as it does taste great. Strawberry and vanilla flavors are really tasty. If beer got a good taste there is no chance of hangover or irritation. Beer is available in almost all flavors. Martini cocktail is also a good combination.

14. Writeratyourservice

Writeratyourservice New Member

I prefer drinking flavored beer because I can choose what fruit does it taste like. And because it is not that much alcoholic.

15. rz3300

rz3300 Member

There is a time and a place where I can do a fruit beer, and it is not something that I can drink a lot of. It does happen that the warmer weather helps so I may be getting into some here pretty soon if the heat keeps up.

16. robinyash

robinyash New Member

i think fruit beer is very better...

Shravu likes this.