Beer And Whisky Together

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by DR KOKIL AGARWAL, Feb 27, 2017.

1. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

Can you tolerate drinking Beer along with whisky together at the same time. I have seen many chronic alcoholics ending up in a disaster after trying a cocktail of this kind. It causes a severe damage to brain and stomach as well.
    Are you comfortable with such a kind of blend? download.jpg

2. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

Yes I have had this before it's called a Boilermaker. You can either put the liqueur in your beer or have it as a shot on the side. You have to have a pretty strong stomach for this type of drink. I thought it tasted pretty good though, strong but good.:rolleyes:

pwarbi likes this.
  3. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

I'd imagine that most people that enjoy beer and whisky would have also tried this, and as @AngelaMc says, I also know it as a Boilermaker or a whiskey chaser if your having it on the side.

To be honest it's maybe something I'll have maybe once or twice at a wedding, funeral or other special occasion, and I think that's probably the best way to have it. I certainly wouldn't recommend it as a nightcap anyway every night of the week!

AngelaMc likes this.
  4. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Boilermakers were never really my thing. I don't much care for the mixture (depending on what brands are used), plus I like to pace myself when I'm drinking.

I had a bourbon barrel aged beer the other night at a beer fest that tasted like a boilermaker. Not to my liking. I prefer more subtlety.

5. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

Thanks for telling me they are known as Boilermakers. Do they give severe hangovers as well?

6. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Well, it depends. If you drink too many of them, yes, like anything else.

Some people will also say that it depends on the brand/quality of the beer or whisky. In some cases, they might be right. For more info on hangovers, research the term "congeners."

The amount still plays the greatest role, so yeah, overdoing it is painful.

#6 thisnthat, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  7. tony

tony Active Member

That's like calling for a disaster, these two alcoholic drinks are composed of different constituents. When mixed together I am not sure that'll function good in the body.
    I won't give this a try, mixing drinks may potentially harm the tissues and organs in the body especially the kidney

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Not really, I'm sure the taste would be woeful considering whisky has a rich, refined taste while beer is much more dense. I guess you could work a mix out depending on the brands, but I wouldn't recommend it.

9. rz3300

rz3300 Member

This is one where I just do not see the need. They are fine on their own, and there is no reason to combine them when the former is true, at least not for me anyway.

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

Actually, they say a boilermaker is only if they drop a shot of whiskey into the mug of beer,and they drink it down in one draw, until its completely gone! The term "boilermaker" was first used to refer to craftsmen who built and maintained steam locomotives in the 1830's,probably after a hard, and physical day of work. I have only heard this story,but it does seem possible?

11. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

That's probably where the term originated. Thanks for sharing the story.

It can be used to reference any shot inside a beer though. I've heard people use it interchangeably for shots and beer, even when you don't drop the shot in, but I don't think that's "correct."

Either way, I'm guessing that most people aren't being super formal when they're drinking shots and chugging beers. ;)

12. Writeratyourservice

Writeratyourservice New Member

Not interested haha. That would not taste good.

13. overcast

overcast Member

Such mixtures can be worth trying. I have seen people trying the beer. And some of the time people even make use of them into the food. And maybe that is good enough for testing stuff.

14. xyrene

xyrene Member

No, that would be already overboard for me, too bitter for my taste to begin with.

15. Writeratyourservice

Yeah. Maybe it is also good.

16. Writeratyourservice

Exactly. We all have the different taste.

17. xyrene

xyrene Member

I think that all liquor tastes equally bitter, different tolerance is more like it.

18. walter12

walter12 Member

I agree liquor isn't suppose to taste sweet

19. Bravosi

Bravosi New Member

I actually never drank Whiskey combined with Beer. Can't imagine what the taste it. To be honest I never combined any drink with another...

20. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin New Member

Interesting.