Superbowl

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by kgord, Feb 1, 2016.

1. kgord

kgord Active Member

I realize this may be mostly an American tradition, but what sorts of "beverages" do you plan to have at your Superbowl party? I am just going to have one friend over...so we won't be having a lot...but I think I might get some Bud Black Label. It is a good beer, and I like it. I don't think whiskey is in the budget. Not sure what my "spread" is going to consist of, but I am for sure gonna make that dip that was suggested earlier.

Molly Brougham likes this.
  2. crimsonghost747

Just normal beer. And a big maybe on taking a whiskey bottle too... Superbowl is much more about the food than about the drinks for me. And most of the food that we are planning goes together well with beer.

3. Sue

Sue Active Member

I will be just beer for us. Our usual brand, Alpine. As for food there will be nachos, wings, dips, pizza, etc. Your typical Superbowl kind of treats. Here is Canada we also celebrate the Superbowl. There are a lot of house parties and the bars will have their big events going on too. We will just have a few friends over to our place.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I actually plan to watch Superbowl here in Romania, somehow. I'll probably eat junk food and have a couple of beers, nothing that special.

5. Sue

Sue Active Member

Oh I forgot to mention that I am going to make a big pot of chili for my Superbowl get together. After all what is the Superbowl without some hot chili to go with the cold beer.

6. Molly Brougham

We will probably end up at a friend's house. We will probably just order wings and pizza once we get there. Neither of the teams playing are teams we like very much, so we probably won't get too crazy. However, beer will be essential. Our go to domestics are Miller Lite and Coors Lite. Of course we will get some micro-brews; maybe a sampler pack from our local grocery store.

7. Molly Brougham

Yum!! Chili is the best!! Especially with beer.

Sue likes this.
  8. albreeden

albreeden New Member

The best thing to do for a Superbowl gathering is just stock up on cheap domestics. Everyone will just be thrilled to have a beer and be together, no one is going to be worried about the brand. People typically drink a lot during the event, so the cheaper the better. Although, I would recommend getting something that you actually don't mind drinking. What fun is a party if even you don't like the beer?

Sue likes this.
  9. Sue

Sue Active Member

That a great idea. You can have a few good ones to start off with but then after a few even the cheap ones won't taste all that bad.

albreeden likes this.
  10. albreeden

albreeden New Member

@Sue, that's always been my tactic. Start with one or two nice beers and then flip it over to Yuengling.

Sue likes this.
  11. cortana

cortana New Member

We do that whenever we go out to eat. We treat ourselves to a few "fancy" beers then switch back to the cheap tricks.

12. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

It's that time again, and this time it's Super Bowl 53, but as far what they serve for drinks is ok by me, or if I watch the game at my house, it could just be a lot of good wine or bad wine, or it could be some Irish Whiskey no less.

13. overcast

overcast Member

This year no new brand release was shown on TV. I have mostly seen the same old brands showing commercials on the TV. So it can get pretty boring seeing no new beer brands in superbowl.