Favorite Whiskey Cocktail

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by killamch89, May 31, 2018.

1. killamch89

killamch89 New Member

I have tried many Whiskey cocktails before including the Whiskey sour(with Vodka, Triple sec, etc.), The old triumph(contains chocolate bitters - pretty potent Whiskey cocktail) among others but the one I still favor is the Whiskey Orange Cocktail. The taste of orange and lemon along with the subtle Whiskey taste is a delight to the taste buds and can get you very drunk if not consumed properly(it is quite a creeper). What is your favorite Whiskey cocktail?

2. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I usually just like some ice cubes and some lime in my whiskey- but I have discovered a simple whiskey cocktail to make called the Leprechaun. This is a very easy to make cocktail that is like a "pot of gold at the end of the rainbow"(haha). This cocktail takes only 3 ingredients- which include Irish Whiskey,tonic water, and lemon(2 ounces of Irish whiskey and 6 ounces of tonic water and garnish with a lemon twist)!

3. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I do like a good whiskey sour so I might just stick with that, but I am not sure I have had either the orange or the leprechaun, but want to try both of those now. Good thing it is Friday today,

4. killamch89

killamch89 New Member

That sounds amazing! I will definitely have to try and whip up that Whiskey cocktail for any adult guests that come over for a social gathering(I do not promote underage drinking and don't really want the law on my case.)

The orange Whiskey cocktail is very refreshing! The Whiskey is very subtle and the citrus burst from the orange and lemon really reinvigorates you. Raw Whiskey is alright too but why not spice it up a bit ;)

5. Hova

Hova New Member

I'm more of a Bryn Collins kind of guy. The mixture between lemon juice and sugar syrup is just amazing. Also, the soda water adds to the smoothness.

6. killamch89

killamch89 New Member

What is the taste like? Is the Whiskey really strong or does is the taste of the sugar syrup and lemon juice overpower it? The ingredients seem like you are basically mixing lemon soda with Whiskey:p:p:p(I'm just kidding by the way.) I'll have to learn how to make this concoction of Whiskey - it sounds delicious!

7. Ruse

Ruse New Member

I love me some Blood & Sand. The blend of Scotch with red vermouth and orange juice is to die for. It just can't be explained. Also the color after mixing everything is just amazing.

8. killamch89

killamch89 New Member

That does sound amazing! I shall add this to my long list of Whiskey cocktails I plan to make. Maybe I should make them all at once and drink them simultaneously - but wait - wouldn't I be too drunk to know which one is the best?:cool:

9. xyrene

xyrene Member

I prefer to drink it with just lime, I'm not a big whiskey drinker.

10. killamch89

killamch89 New Member

The Lime is not going to help that beer-belly:D You might as well try some Whiskey cocktails - I know Whiskey can creep up on you if you aren't careful. Otherwise, you will be fine

11. xyrene

xyrene Member

Uh, but I don't have a beer belly, lol I'm not that fond of drinking alcohol.

12. walter12

walter12 Member

That's one thing i will never want lol

13. xyrene

xyrene Member

True, who would want to have one, right? It is also hard to get rid of.

14. Bravosi

Bravosi New Member

Don't laugh at me please, but I've never really bothered into knowding what whiskey I actually drink. I usually buy a mediocre one. I really enjoy the elegant taste of the whiskey. The elite feeling of drinking it.

15. Writeratyourservice

Writeratyourservice New Member

I think so.

16. Writeratyourservice

Writeratyourservice New Member

Interesting.

17. jakub1

jakub1 Member

How come