Nikola Tesla Drank Whisky Everyday Because He Thought It Would Make Him Live To At Least 150

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by FuZyOn, Jul 26, 2016.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

He drank everyday and he managed to live to 87 which I think is pretty good considering how medicine was back then. I wonder what made him think that drinking whiskey = a longer life.
    Seems like the source link is down but if does come back, here it is: http://www.aceize.com/diet_of_nikola_tesla

2. kgord

kgord Active Member

Well, I guess like the song says "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." He certainly was before his time in a lot of ways and was very inventive, so maybe the whiskey helped in that regard. Who knows? It didn't hurt him obviously. I think that plenty of creative people were under the influence for a good bit of their lives. It just seems to come with the territory for some.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, I wasn't bashing him or anything for drinking but I was wondering what made him believe whiskey makes you live longer. After all Tesla was a genius. :p

4. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I'm not sure what would make him think that whisky would make him live longer, but he sure did live a long time. Considering the time period and the length of time people would live, he surpassed others for sure. I'm assuming he thought that whisky would make him live longer because of the amount of alcohol in medicine. Whisky was used as a way to suppress pain, among other things. It doesn't surprise me that he thought it might be some sort of miracle drug.

Sue likes this.
  5. Sue

Sue Active Member

I think that lexinonoumous is right about this one. Whisky was once used as a medication for many things. It obviously worked for him. My ex father-in-law is now 82 and he drank whisky every day since he was in his teens and he is still going strong. He has never been sick a day in his life so it hasn't hurt him in anyway.

6. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

They say that a cup of wine a day is good for your heart, more recently they have found that moderate consumption of beer does the same thing. Why not whiskey? I think that the moderate consumption of whiskey can't do any harm. In fact who knows it could actually benefit you.

7. Norm A

Norm A Member

I think it might benefit me too. I am currently in my fifteenth year of drinking whisky (moderately...) and I will certainly let you know when I get to 87. lol...

SirJoe likes this.
  8. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I think Tesla was right, that modest drinking can improve longevity - this would be couple of drinks of whisky every day. Whisky contains a powerful antioxidant called ellagic acid - that can eliminate harmful, cancerous free radicals in the body.