Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by DR KOKIL AGARWAL, May 8, 2017.
I think it's definitely a real thing.
It is there are several studies on it.
I am not sure how prevalent it is but I would certainly not discount it as a myth, as people are allergic to everything in some degree. Now I am more curious about it though.
Alcohol is a drug. Allergic reactions happen due to exposure to dust , pollen grains, some foods, some drugs and even animal fur! Alcohol being one of the drugs, it is not exceptional. There can be a possibility of allergic reaction due to alcohol intake or even smell. I have seen victim's heartbeats increase,speech slurred,vomiting, coughing et cetera.
Sure, there are side effects but you can't classify them as allergies. An allergy is a negative reaction by the body to a certain food or drink or even an environmental factor. With allergies, it is very easy to die after exposure to the allergen. Exposure to alcohol has never killed anyone. The longterm effects of alcohol do kill though.
I've never had any allergic reactions from the thousand times I've got myself drunk. I think those who say they have allergy to alcohol tend to mean that alcohol is not their thing/ it didn't make them feel good or high or it rather tasted absurd to them. Probably there might be a few cases or reactions to newbies like vomits incidences, but it doesn't necessarily turn out to be (mean) allergic reactions.
There might be some allergy related to alcohol due to the fact there is allergy for almost everything. I have a friend that is allergic to water, and when she showers, she is completely red all over her body. I have heard that there are even people allergic to the sun, so being allergic to alcohol isn't even a bit weird.
I have seen some of the people having some level of allergy. So not surprised at the way things work with the allergy. I guess it all depends on how the alcohol specific consumption may affect some of us. It differs for all of us though. Not all are going to have the same approach in that.
Best choice is to consult a doctor
people have presented withthe same allergic reactions like yours. I think the best option is to drinka little, or to abstain completely.
Not sure about that. You can be allergic to just about everything. However, in this case it might be important to know what was the alcoholic beverage made of, as that could be causing the allergy.
It did make me think of the tuberculosis test and if you test positive you are not supposed to drink, but I think that is more for the medication, but I could be wrong. Other than that I am not aware of anything.
Alcohol increases the absorption of medicine in the body AFAIK, so it's not wise to drink for at least some time before and after you've taken the drugs.
I'm not familiar about this that's why it makes me interested hmm.
I think not a lot of people known to be allergic in such case. I have realized that some of the folks know a bit about alcohol. Some of the time health check up can show a lot of those things.
I always thought allergy to alcohol doesn't exist and it's a more matter of toxicity? No?
I don't think so.