Anyone Here Who Has A Beer-app?

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by DavidLee, Sep 21, 2017.

1. DavidLee

DavidLee New Member

Yah, I know -this question is astonishing or amusing to others. Yesterday night a close mate shared these fantstic Beer-apps for me to just keep-up with the current pace..
    MyBeerNation
    NextGlass
    Which ones have u guys been keeping/ heard of?

2. sommax

sommax Member

Funny.

I don't even know there are such things like beer- app. Although, it kind of sounds cool. I might try those out to see what they got.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I guess there would have to be a beer app out there somewhere-but It never really dawned on me, so I found a few you could check out when I searched online. The first one looks interesting and is called "Untappd", so with this beer app you can keep track of your own beer drinking habits and see where your friends are drinking as well. Another one is called "BeerMenus"and it has the tap list for you local bars and stock list for for your local beer store as well.

4. DavidLee

DavidLee New Member

Hahaha Yah it was funny the first time I came across this but I wasn't quite surprised since we live in that era whereby everything wants to be marketed-online.

5. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well I am just not really sure what they would do or what the point would be, but now I am curious and now I really want one, so we might be doing this later.

6. jakub1

jakub1 Member

No, but i'm interested in the ones that are available.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

No and honestly I was a kinda surprised by this because it was something that I never had the curiosity to look for (at least not until I read this topic :p).

8. kgord

kgord Active Member

I used to have an app called Bev rage which would pay you for buying various kinds of alcohol including beer. It was nice to be paid. Also, I had another app that showed you how to make various drinks.

9. Shine_Spirit

Those apps looks vey nice. :)

I think I need to start using some of them and upgrade myself with the news, haha!

10. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Well you should definitely consider using them.

11. Shine_Spirit

I've already started to research some of them and just now I'm realizing how late I was, haha!

There a lot of good ones. :)

12. DavidLee

DavidLee New Member

BJCP Styles
    You know a Kolsch is supposed to be light and crisp, but what’s the difference in the mouthfeel between a Czech Lager and a Vienna Lager? The Beer Judge Certification Program’s app tells you everything you need to know about just about any style you could possibly come across. And I mean the style notes go pretty deep into the nose, appearance and taste telling you more than you probably need to know. It’s not a sexy app (look at that screen shot!), but it’s useful. In theory, you’d use this app to help you better judge a beer based on its style. But honestly, it’s perfect for when you’d like to decipher that super complex beer menu in front of you. Available for Android phones and iPhones. But it’s not free. $4.99.
    MyBeerNation
    My Beer Nation is like the local who knows where the nearest brewery is, what time it closes and whether or not they serve hot pretzels. Type in the city or state and it will show you a map of the breweries in the area. The database isn’t quite comprehensive, but MBN has more than 2,500 breweries listed. I like that I can search for the brewery closest to me. Because sometimes I’m desperate. There’s a journal and review aspect to the app, but let’s be honest—you’re only going to use the map and beer finder. And that’s okay. Available for Apple. Free.
    Next Glass
    You just had a great beer. Like, one of the top 10 beers of your life, and it came out of nowhere. From a style that you’ve never even had before. And you’re thinking maybe you’d like to try another beer like that. Enter Next Glass, which enables you to scan the label of a beer you like and the app suggests other beers that are similar. It’s pretty simple, but pretty useful if you’re always on the prowl for the next great beer. Available, free, for Apple and Android.
    TapHunter
    Taphunter’s purpose is simple: to let you know what’s on tap at bars near you. You can search your location and see what’s happening, or you can set it to look for a certain beer. So if you’re looking for Pliny the Elder, you’ll get an alert when it goes on tap somewhere. It’s a good resource if you’re hunting for whales. The list is far from comprehensive; it only works if bars sign up for the service. I used the app to check out my hometown, which is beer heavy, but there were only half a dozen bars listed in the service. But the app is a hell of a good idea and one worth nurturing as it grows. Available, free, for Apple and Android.
    UnTappd
    This is the daddy of beer apps, a social-network driven machine where you can track, rate and share your latest beer with your friends. You can earn badges based on your drinking prowess, and follow other beer lovers, which is all good fun. But you can also use Untappd to find specific beers near you, and find new bars in your area. And thanks to all that social sharing, you can see if certain beers or certain bars are trending near you. If you’re only going to get one app, this is it!

13. DavidLee

DavidLee New Member

Yes please. You do that. They are interesting. I mentioned a few I got along online. Perhaps I can re-state them again
    *MyBeerNation
    *Untappd
    *TapHunter
    *Next Glass
    *BJCP Styles
    Just try any.. See if they are worth your time when you are out/a bar.

14. Shine_Spirit

Thanks.

I put all those options that you mentioned in my list and certainly I'll test them all. At the moment, I'm testing others.

15. walter12

walter12 Member

That's a quite lengthy list, i'll try some of them.

16. haroon rasheed

This thread is totally funny and amusing to me.I have never tried any kind of beer-apps.But I want to know about beer but not want to taste it.I will definitely try beer-apps to get more and more information about different aspects of beer in a fee next days.

17. walter12

walter12 Member

You should definitely try using them once in a while.

18. xyrene

xyrene Member

I don't really drink that much beer to even think of downloading a beer app. I'd pass up on installing one.

19. Athanas

Athanas Member

I have heard of some although I have not owned one. It is a nice thing to have one or two. I will make haste and own one soon.

20. jakub1

jakub1 Member

They can be pretty useful and informative sometimes.