Astronaut Status From Wiseacre Brewing

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by thisnthat, Apr 5, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

This is a bourbon barrel aged American double/Imperial stout, and talk about an interesting and complex combination of flavors.. This beer is very different, yet enticing.

It's dark and thick with an aroma that will pull you in. I tasted coconut, licorice, vanilla, dark chocolate, fruit, and cinnamon sticks. It wasn't overly sweet, despite the many "sweet" flavors. They combined nicely to create a good balance for the bourbon flavor.

It's a high ABV concoction but it didn't come across as boozy.

2. rz3300

rz3300 Member

IT sounds pretty different from what I am used to, which means I would be a lot more excited to try it. When it comes to beer I need a little variety quite often.

3. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

It is very different from what I'm used to as well. I enjoy tasting the really different options in craft beer. Some are like a work of art.

We have been experimenting with a good deal of variety. Some are quite nice. They aren't cheap, so you can't really just drink them on a regular basis (some are hard to find as well), but it's nice to taste some creative formulas here and there.

This one was a real treat.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

It looks like a lot going on with this Astronaut Status Beer from Memphis Tennessee as far as your taste buds go, and the ABV is 10.50. I never had it before but it seems like a very nice tasting American Double/Imperial Stout- also they mention in the reviews some chocolate-dipped cherry with a espresso coffee taste which sounds really interesting!