Beer Bellies

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by artyarson, Mar 5, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Yeah, people forget how much exercise we used to do when we were younger.

cortana likes this.
  2. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I never managed to grow one and I tried several times. Maybe it is because I workout a lot but I heard that even though you workout if you drink beer you will have it. I beg to differ. Maybe I am different somehow but considering the amount of beer I had it would only be normal to have it by now.

3. crimsonghost747

Yup, that's how it goes.
    People make it very complicated talking about the carbs, sugar, blaablaablaa. And yeah your body does process them differently.

But in the end it's quite simple. Calories is the amount of energy you consume. You can also calculate (with some level of accuracy) the amount that you use. And energy doesn't simply appear or disappear (conservation of energy) .

More energy going in than is being used = it will be left in the body. (stored mainly as fat).

4. cortana

cortana New Member

It's strange though...

If fat is stored energy, then how come people who are considered "fat" always say they don't have any energy?

LOL!!!!

5. crimsonghost747

HAHAHA.
    Thanks, you just completely cracked me up and it's not even 9am so that's a good start for the day!

6. crimsonghost747

Ohh just thought of this.
    They shouldn't say they don't have energy as your gravitational potential energy is calculated based on the height of your center of mass (from the surface of the earth) and your mass! (=weight)

7. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Very valid point. :D
    I think with the extra weight it takes more energy to move around. Not only that, people that have beer bellies normally have pride in them, after all they don't grow over night.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Well, it depends. My dad has a large belly beer and he does a lot of physical work throughout the day. He smokes and doesn't give a damn about what he eats though, I think that's the biggest issue.

9. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I have not suffered from a beer belly, but that's more than likely because I do not drink beer as often as others might. My grandfather had a massive beer belly while I was growing up. I can't remember a time that he wasn't drinking. His drinking problem was the result of his massive belly, which kind of resembled Santa Claus' belly. I'm wondering if the cause of this is due to being constantly bloated.

10. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

It's probably fro the bad eating habit and genetics also plays a very important role.

lexinonomous likes this.
  11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Genetics... not so much, I mean unless you're classified obese you can get into shape if you care about it, eating is like 50% of the way there.

12. lexinonomous

I never knew this. I always assumed that a belly with that shape was due to beer alone. I guess it makes sense that eating habits would play into the beer belly, but for some reason it's something I never really thought about, heh.

Genetics playing a part always sounded funny to me. I think we're all responsible for our weight issues. I used to tell people that the reason I was overweight was due to my genetics, ha.

13. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

You need to drink almost daily to achieve that belly. If you only drink beers at the weekend and the occasional one during the work days, you'll be fine.

14. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I guess that's a good cop out if you don't feel like working out for a while, haha! I've heard a lot of people say it.

lexinonomous likes this.
  15. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

The biggest beer drinking country per capita is the Czech Republic and the general public is not that over weight. So it must be the food. So the secret is out if you want to drink lots of beer and not become fat, eat Czech food. haha

lexinonomous likes this.
  16. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, I always wondered what countries like Czech Republic or Germany which are addicted to beer eat, people around there aren't fat. I've heard germans eat a lot of pretzels, maybe that's the key? :D

17. lexinonomous

Ha ha ha, I wish this was the real trick. I tend to gain a ton of weight from beer alone. I have to drink it in small increments due to massive weight gain from it. I'm willing to try anything though. I don't think I've ever had Czech food. I'm willing to give it a try!

18. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

That made me remember that song

"
    Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
    Those days of soda and pretzels and beer
    Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
    Dust off the sun and moon and sing a song of cheer... ""

well we can skip the soda and go straight to the prizels and beer. hahaha

19. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I am not familiar with Czech food either but anything is good if it's washed down with a nice cool one. ;)

20. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Haha, what song is that? I'm too lazy to search for the lyrics. I agree though, pretzels with soda is a no go, beer is the key for eating them.