Beer In A Bag.

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by SirJoe, Aug 3, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I really hope this doesn't take off. I can't imagine having a beer this way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sue

Sue Active Member

That is very different for sure. You also get drunker a lot faster if you drink beer through a straw. It does look ridiculous though and I just can't see myself drinking beer in a bad through a straw.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I remember picking up fishes in a bag like that when I was a kid, it's kind of funny to me now that I think about it. I wonder what's the point of drinking beer from a bag, it seems really stupid.

Sue likes this.
  4. kgord

kgord Active Member

Ahhh, unless you are a college frat boy, I don't see what the point of this would be. Who wants to go around with a bag. My suggestion is to stick to relatively innocous bottles and cans. Beer i a bag looks dumb.

Sue likes this.
  5. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I only tried that once and swore never to do it again. Straws and beer don't mix.

Sue likes this.
  6. Sue

Sue Active Member

lol that is the first thing I thought of too was buying fish when I was younger. We were so proud as we walked out of the store with our little fish in a bag. lol Beer just doesn't belong in a bag.

7. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Ahh that takes me back. I used to live near a small brook when I was growing up and on the holidays me and my friends would join up and we would also go "fishing" with those sort of bags.

Sue likes this.
  8. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Way to class it up. ;)

To each their own, but I think I'll pass on the bagged beer. And not just of aesthetic reasons; it looks like a mess waiting to happen.

9. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

How strong are these bags actually? It is a potential waste of beer and that is not cool at all. Even if it is a potential one. I have never seen something like this and I really like my beer from glass or tin can container. This is just a marketing move probably and it is good from that point of view.

thisnthat and Sue like this.
  10. Sue

Sue Active Member

For some reason I can see this baggeday beer being very popular among the college crowds.

11. explorerx7

explorerx7 Member

Believe it or not, you may see this fad achieving some amount of popularity if even for a brief period of time. It would not surprise me because I now see men wearing pants with the waist almost down to their knees, therefore, I can accept that will be many surprise. The beer-in-bag situation could be another addition to mix.

Sue likes this.
  12. Sue

Sue Active Member

Yes it very well could be. Nothing is really too much of a surprise today. lol

13. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Lets hope they don't spring a leak because I would pay to watch that, I would loose a fortune. Just seeing them rush around trying to drink as much beer as they can before they lost it all would be priceless.

thisnthat likes this.
  14. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I wouldn't drink beer from a bag. I would be the one person to drop the bag and spill my beer all over. I also want it in a classy, frosty glass. I think all of that sun exposure wouldn't be good for my bag beer.

15. kgord

kgord Active Member

It looks like they are drinking urine. ANd I hot the hats that held beer were weird. I personally hope I don't see anyone drinking beer in a bag, I know I wouldn't do it.

16. larryl332

larryl332 New Member

Well I have heard of wine in a bag, and I have stooped low enough to have bought some before. The weird thing that I always find is that these things actually tend to sell pretty well, for reasons that escape me. I will do my best to avoid them, but I am little intrigued by it. Interesting nonetheless, and thanks for sharing.

17. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I've actually had some really good wines in a bag. It's all a question of packaging, if they sell a 3 liters box of wine for €12, the wine can't be that bad.

18. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I am not really sure about this one but maybe if it tastes good I could get used to it. My guess is that it is cheaper than the other forms.

19. tony

tony Active Member

Having beer in a bag doesn't look good in my view. What's that beer is not ordinary mineral or any other soft drink, it should be packaged in a more matured pack. That looks like urine colorwise

20. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

Oh my God ...it really looks like urine. I will never ever accept this near me. It is giving me a yak feeling.

But what is the reason for carrying beer in a bag....I'm despearte to find it out.