Best Inexpensive Bourbon?

Discussion in 'Bourbon Forum' started by Destiny, Jan 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Destiny

Destiny Member

Hey guys!

I'm looking for a new brand of bourbon... as my family loves bourbon but tends to drink a ton during get togethers. I need a GOOD but inexpensive bourbon to serve at a family get together.

2. MyDigitalpoint

3. kgord

kgord Active Member

I have had Evan Williams before which was one of the bourbons mentioned in that areticle, and it was definetly decent. I also had the Elijah Craig which is a very good bourbon.

4. MyDigitalpoint

Yes, I have tried Elijah Craig sometimes and it's really good for the price you pay for it, and a cheap alternative to those costly bourbon whiskeys we can find.

5. Sue

Sue Active Member

I have always liked Wild Turkey, not sure if that is available in your area. A few other good ones I have tried are Old Fitzgerald, Jim Bean Black and Fighting Cock.

6. Molly Brougham

One of my friends swears by Evan Williams. Inexpensive, but not missing out on flavor. Great straight, or in mixed drinks.

albreeden likes this.
  7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Evan Williams is a good shout, I tried it once and I was impressed. Have any of you tried Devil's Cut? I love it!

8. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

It is rare that I drink it these days, but when younger I enjoy quite a bit of the "dirty bird": Old Crow Bourbon. It is a pretty cheap bourbon that works well with simple cocktails.

[​IMG]

9. albreeden

albreeden New Member

She's right. You can pick up the green label for almost nothing. It mixes really well, and goes down as well as you'd expect a cheap bourbon.

10. firewater1977

firewater1977 New Member

Maybe look for Charter 101 I like it .... Hint hint its a Buffalo Trace.

Just asking....

11. Destiny

Destiny Member

Thanks! These were some really great suggestions. I ended up getting a couple bottles of Evan Williams. It was a big hit!

12. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I second Old Crow! It is so good. You should try to give that one out at your next gathering. Glad to her that Evan Williams was a hit at your party. My sister drinks that one and swears by it.

13. kgord

kgord Active Member

I have had both Evan Williams and Elijah Craig.I think they are both good bourbon's for the money. I would have no problem buying either one of those actually. I would say money well spent.

14. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

This bourbon(Evan Williams)has a nice taste to it with some soft oak smells and summer fruits kind of flavors, also a coconut taste is mixed in there as well. I enjoy Evan Williams on the rocks,and overall its got a very smooth,tasty thing about it. This boubon has a great price as well,and the taste is very unique overall.

15. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

When I drink Bourbon, my choice is Jim Beam. Recently I tried the Jim Beam Black Bourbon, it's priced at $20 and the only difference is that it was aged 4 more years than Jim Beam, it has that full bodied flavor with Carmel and Oak tones.

16. rz3300

rz3300 Member

There are no doubt some good ones out there, but I can probably tell you which ones to avoid more than which ones to get. I am not a big bourbon drinker, but I would say Jim Beam is pretty cheap for the quality.

17. Lebroncc

Lebroncc New Member

I hear Buffalo Trace gets high marks, never had it before. The only bourbon I have had neat was Markers Mark and i did not like it, not one bit.