Best Way To Quit Smoking?

Discussion in 'Cigar Forum' started by DR KOKIL AGARWAL, Mar 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

What is the best way to quit smoking. I know it is really hard and requires a lot of strong will power but I have seen people who have successfully quit smoking.

What are the most effective means that can help to reduce this addiction?

AngelaMc likes this.
  2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Cold turkey always worked for me, although it's probably an approach that doesn't appeal to a lot of people. It depends on the person really, but someone that wants to quit smoking needs a lot of willpower.

AngelaMc likes this.
  3. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

;)Well I have had no success after many tries to quit smoking. I tried several over the counter methods such as the Nicoderm Patch, Nicotine Gum, and I also had the Nicotrol Inhaler where you put the nicotine cartridges in. I do believe it takes will power to quit and maybe I wasn't ready then. I agree with @FuZyOn I think cold turkey would be the best method.:(

DR KOKIL AGARWAL likes this.
  4. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

You are correct. It all depends on strong will power. All the other measures can only help to alleviate the cravings but in the end it is the personal will power and determination that helps.

Are you a kind of chain smoker. If you smoke a lot I would suggest why don't you try cold turkey and that too with a feeling that it will surely help you to quit smoking.

Hope this helps.

5. tony

tony Active Member

I really cannot see what's the special constituent or appeal in the habit that make people find it very hard to quit smoking. Why the huge attraction to an action that you and I knows is detrimental to the health of them indulging in the act. It could be that people just stubborn not really wanting to quit.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well the good news is that there are a lot of products that can certainly help. Whatever you choose though you have to have the strength to get through a bad day.

7. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

I agree. It is only the strong will power that matters. All the products are just a kind of substitute to the cravings whose usage directly depends on the state of mind.

A mind that is controlled by a strong determination and hope will only succeed.

8. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

I think it is the pleasure associated with smoking that over rules their ability and think and do. The effects are so lethal but still people continue to do so just for the sake of temporary pleasure.

9. Zero

Zero Member

Exactly in this day and age, technology and innovation has definitely made quitting any addiction quite easy.

10. tony

tony Active Member

The fact remains those people giving addiction as one excuse why they can't do without smoking are not actually truthful. I have seen a few persons who were chain smokers stopped the act at once due to certain activities. Although they later came back to smoking after days, they could have just continued that way if they had disciplined themselves.

11. xyrene

xyrene Member

I know some people use e-cigs in an attempt to quit smoking, but it's not always effective. So I really think that quitting cold turkey is the best option, because it halts the habit immediately, and you just have to preoccupy yourself with something to keep your mind off smoking another stick of cigarette.

12. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Member

Strong will and motivation. Really I don't think there is anything that can help you quit smoking unless it is only your strong decision to do it. Of course there are a few things that you can drink or do as an alternative for some time and voila, you suddenly don't smoke anymore but I think that your strong will is the key to quit smoking, or quit any bad habit.

13. sommax

sommax Member

To quit addiction is a hard thing to do especially smoking. It requires strong will and determination. Deep meditation is also required to be able to quit such addiction. Also, avoid those things that usually provokes you to smoke.

14. haroon rasheed

Everybody knows that quiting smoking is very difficukt but not impossible.If you have a firm believe to quit smoking then you can easily give it up.There are many products available in the market to quit smoking.If a person uses honestly these products, I am sure that he will live a happy life without smoking.

15. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

I think the level of addiction can be a big problem, but I taking a lot of water every single day and doing regular exercise is a great start.

It helps a lot! :)

16. Vallante

Vallante New Member

THis will probably come off as flippant but I don't mean it that way. The best way to quit smoking is to simply not put a cigarette to your mouth and inhale burning vapors. There's nothing more to it than that, in principle. When people ask this question, what they usually mean is "how do I make it not hurt", and the answer is "You don't".

You didn't get yourself into this over night and you won't get yourself out of it over night. I don't say this to discourage you, rather because I think it is integral to a successful cessation that you understand what you're getting yourself into. I've seen a lot of people fight through months of difficulty and give up when they were so close because they didn't have realistic expectations about how long it takes for this to work. Your brain will actually fight you harder the closer to freedom you get! You can read about this in B. F. Skinner's work with addiction and compulsive behaviors.

17. dionnextherese

We all probably know that it's difficult to quit smoking. It is highly addictive thing even though there are many health risks. I think the best option for this problem is by going cold turkey, a lot of smokers sucessfully quit by using this method. I hope it helps you.

18. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

What is cold turkey. Is it some method of getting relieved from this addiction. Please elaborate of possible.

19. tony

tony Active Member

I agree it's difficult to quit smoking especially if you have gone outright deep int the act. With constant effort and determination to stop you sure will someday.

20. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Discipline and the will to stop