Bloody Mary With Whisky

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by Sue, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Sue

Sue Active Member

2. kgord

kgord Active Member

I haven't. I mean a Bloody Mary has a strong flavor, as does whiskey, so I am not really sure how it would taste. I don't drink them all that often actually. I just can't picture them with whiskey.

Sue likes this.
  3. MyDigitalpoint

Mixing certain cocktails with a given spirit has a reason to be, hence why today it's possible to study mixology, which provide people with the knowledge needed for those cocktail recipes we can find here an there.

In the case of Bloody Mary, the choice of vodka isn't a caprice someone had, but the fact of being a flavorless spirit, what contributes to preserve the taste of the other ingredients without variation other than the mix itself.

When combined with whiskey, irremediably its taste will change, and depends on what kind of whiskey you use to distort the taste (and color) of the original shot in minor o major degree.

Personally I have never tried a Bloody Mary with whiskey, but I have tried it with Gin, that being similar to vodka, its taste to juniper berries give this shot a special note.

Sue likes this.
  4. Jesus Viloria

Jesus Viloria New Member

I thought you were saying we shouldn't mess with the recipe until I read the whole comment hahaha
    It would be interesting to try how much can the bloody may change its flavour depending on which liquor we use. I think a white strawberry rum would give it a nice flavour, but I don't. I've never been a huge fan of that cocktail

Sue likes this.
  5. Jesus Viloria

Jesus Viloria New Member

I thought you were saying we shouldn't mess with the recipe until I read the whole comment hahaha
    It would be interesting to try how much can the bloody may change its flavour depending on which liquor we use. I think a white strawberry rum would give it a nice flavour, but I don't. I've never been a huge fan of that cocktail

6. Jesus Viloria

Jesus Viloria New Member

7. Jesus Viloria

Jesus Viloria New Member

Sue likes this.
  8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I don't think it would taste that good, bloody mary with vodka is literally the perfect combination.

Sue likes this.
  9. MyDigitalpoint

True, those cocktails already popular like Bloody Mary is, have survived through generations precisely because of the perfect combination of their ingredients.

Playing with changing one of them for another is valid, but you shouldn't expect to have a real Bloody Mary after the new mix.

Ultimately, it should result in a different cocktail to give a name.

Sue likes this.
  10. Sue

Sue Active Member

The article said with whiskey it is referred to as a Bloody Lawrence.