Bourbon

Discussion in 'Bourbon Forum' started by kgord, Dec 25, 2015.

1. kgord

kgord Active Member

What is the real difference between bourbon and whiskey anyway? I am sure it has something to do with the casks that they are aged in, and how long the process goes on. I am certain there must be online articles that discuss this very thing. Bourbon seems to always have a darker and richer color than whiskey. Any bourbon experts here?

2. Sue

Sue Active Member

This is a great question. I have always wondered the same thing. I am interestedto see what others have to say about the difference in the two.

3. kgord

kgord Active Member

Well it looks like they aren't saying much! lol. I wonder why nobody posts on this site? I feel like I am the only one posting! Come on guys...I can't run this forum by myself. I need Helpppp!

4. Sue

Sue Active Member

5. kgord

kgord Active Member

Yes, thanks for that. It is a great article. It really explains it in depth. Actually, I thought all of those articles were quite interesting. I really liked the one about the Revnant. I am going to have to put that on my must see list.

Sue likes this.
  6. Sue

Sue Active Member

I actually just watched that movie last week. It is very good and well worth watching!!

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Sue likes this.
  8. kgord

kgord Active Member

Yes, I would rather see that the Star Wars flick truth be told. I wonder if they drink whiskey in the Revant? It seems to be featured prominently in many of those tales of the Old West.

9. sharatharadhya

sharatharadhya New Member

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I think bourbon is aged in new white oak charred-barrels and is 51 percent corn-and also it has to be made in the US. Whiskey is usually stored in used barrels and sometimes they even transfer the whiskey into finishing barrels as well for some extra quality and taste to the product.

11. rz3300

rz3300 Member

There is a time and a place for the bourbon, for me at least, but that just means that it actually has flavor, which of course is a good thing. It is the bad stuff that I can drink more often.