Brewery Tours

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by AngelaMc, Feb 26, 2017.

1. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

:cool:Have you ever went on a Brewery Tour, and at the end of the tour when your guide asked you if you had any questions, just stood there speechless, and then got home and thought of a thousand questions you could have asked them? I did that before on a tour I took to our local brewery before.

A couple of questions I was considering on asking when I go on my next tour are, (1) What's unique about their beer and why? (2) How is their beer connected to the local area? (3) Do they make any effort to be environmentally friendly? And (4) What was their first craft beer? These are just a few things I would ask when taking my next brewery tour. Do you have any good questions you would ask them?:cool:

thisnthat likes this.
  2. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

Wow ...going on such a tour must have been a great experience. But the sad part is although I reside in a society of drinkers I'm a complete non drinker.

At present I'm wondering what questions would I have put up in that case?

But I would love to go on such a tour for sure.

AngelaMc likes this.
  3. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

We visited a brewery and its two beer pubs (one attached, one at another location). While we missed the actual tour due to the fact that I dislocated my rib the day before we left on our trip, the beertender at the second location was a wealth of interesting information.

He told us all about how the current items on tap were made, mentioned some seasonal items, and gave us the rundown about the whole company. It was really enjoyable, and of course, so was the beer.

I want to go back and take the full tour. I'd like to visit a couple of others that aren't too far away as well.

AngelaMc likes this.
  4. tony

tony Active Member

I have actually had at least one time tour of my local brewery. In fact just entering the company premises alone you'll start perceiving the sweet aroma from the production.
    There were bags of grains, sorghum, hops, drums of malt and a lot of other ingredients for the beer production. I had good time seeing how the production lines were moving then watching the packaging and others. It was an interesting outing.

AngelaMc likes this.
  5. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

Yes, those are some good questions to ask,but I think I would be more interested in the tasting or samples of the beer and forget about all the important questions indeed, to ask the beer tour-guide. Also I would ask them if they had some good discounts on cases of beer-but really you should try to ask them some more of the technical questions though.

6. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

I always forget which questions I want to ask when the occasion arises. I need a list.

The person who gave us so much information did also talk about local ingredients. I forgot to mention that part. Not all are local but some are still relatively close. They like to help out nearby farmers and such, which is cool. I'm sure it's to their benefit to do so as well.

Various fruits were the main things discussed.

7. Zero

Zero Member

If i'm not mistaken i think i have went to 2 or 3 tours, i had a lot of fun and was exposed to various ways of brewery and learned tons of things.

8. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I think that this would be fun to do, but I am not sure that there are really any around here. Now that I think about it maybe I just need to take a better look.

9. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Even if you have to do a bit of traveling, it might be worth it. We were doing a weekend getaway, so we booked a hotel room for the night, and then spent the day checking out the brewery and some wineries.

It was interesting as well as enjoyable. I would do it again.

10. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Well even though i have never been to one, i would assume that it would be a great experience.

11. xyrene

xyrene Member

Same here, I also have never been to a brewery tour, but it would be nice to go there with a couple of friends to learn more about the world of brewery.

12. Zero

Zero Member

That's the problem, there aren't a lot of them available to even get the chance to go.