Chimay

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by crimsonghost747, Dec 19, 2015.

1. crimsonghost747

Anyone else a big fan of their beers? Belgian trappist beer... so damn delicious. The Red one is my favourite but all of them are worth a try. The most special one, Dorée can apparently only be bought at the monastery at neighbouring village so it looks like I need to make a trip to Belgium to taste it. (I'll do it one day)

2. kgord

kgord Active Member

I may have had Chimay at one time or another. Mostly the Belgian "white" is sold around here. There are so many designer beers these days that some of the imports may be getting put on the shelf, which is kind of a shame because they do make some delicious beers.

3. Sue

Sue Active Member

I have never heard of it. Doesn't mean that it it not sold here. I will have to look next time I am down at the beer store and see if it is available. I will heading there in the next few days to get my Christmas supply.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

We don't have it in Romania (I don't think so) but I've heard good things about it. I'll have to check it out some time.

5. kgord

kgord Active Member

I will make it a point to try Chimay the next time I have some dough and want to try a Belgian beer. Of course I have to find it first, I am sure it is not available on every street corner here. It is one of the ones that sounds like it is well worth trying.