Club Or House Party?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sue, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Sue

Sue Active Member

Which do you prefer. Going to a club or attending somebody house party? I prefer the house party. There is nothing like a good ole kitchen party to get the beer flowing. I don't go to near as many parties as I use to but whenever I do go it is always guaranteed to be a good time.

2. mandak

mandak New Member

In my younger days, a bar or club was my preferred setting. But now that I'm older, I prefer a small gathering with good friends and good quality food and booze. Everyone bring a growler of your favorite beer!

Sue likes this.
  3. Sue

Sue Active Member

That sounds like a good time to me!! :)

4. Jesus Viloria

Jesus Viloria New Member

Same here. I used to go to bars like every weekend when I've just turned legal age. Nowadays I just like to hang with some pals and have some cold beers. Most of the times I reject invitations to go clubbing

Sue likes this.
  5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I never liked clubs/bars, I feel there are too many obnoxious people there and it's all taboo. I would much rather party at home with my friends and quality, not-overpriced booze.

Sue likes this.
  6. Sue

Sue Active Member

Drinking at bars can be very expensive. You also have to watch for the people who get drunk and want to fight. There are always those people who ruin the night.

7. richj8am30

richj8am30 New Member

I prefer a house party over going to the club even though I like to switch it up and go out sometimes. The difference is that I've witnessed way more situations go wrong than on a night out on the town than I have just having comfortable fun in the confines of our family living areas. One thing is that if you think that someone won't be able to adhere to the rules of the house then you ultimately are never obligated to invite them over. That is a powerful option to have in reference to how you and your friends are having fun. Plus, you can literally get ass drunk as you want. If I'm with my closest friends and relatives it;s okay to get hammered I can crash on the couch and vice verse. There's never a dull moment when you're having fun around people you've known for years.

Sue likes this.
  8. Sue

Sue Active Member

I agree with you @richj8am30 Nothing beats having good times with family and friends. You are much more relaxed with people that you know and feel comfortable. There are far too many fights at the bars and they are always for stupid reasons. People get too fight and they want to fight. It gets out of hand. At a house party you usually don't have to worry about such things.

9. thash1979

thash1979 New Member

Totally a house party! What is better than having all your friends in one location without strangers and be able to party and not be judged! In my house, we play my music and drink what we like all night til the sun comes up! Nobody kicking you out here in the country. Plus, there isn't that awkward guy trying to rub up against you on the dance floor like at the club!

10. Sue

Sue Active Member

Things are definitely much more fun when you can spend it with family and friends. It much more relaxing when you know the company you are partying wuth.

11. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

As a hard core introvert I really prefer house but still I am not a sociopath so I do like to go out but rarely in big clubs. It is not my cup of tea at all and I like to really enjoy myself drinking and eating with my friends. I like to talk and hear what other people have to say.

Sue likes this.
  12. artyarson

artyarson Member

Both are actually legit. They are kind of different, too. At your own house you actually select people and control the other stuff, so it's more of an intimate party. And club is kind of very random.

13. kgord

kgord Active Member

I don't really have anyone to go to bars with,or the money to spend and I feel weird going by myself so I will opt for the house. Besides being able to control the environment, and saving money, you don't have to worry about getting home when you perhaps have over indulged.

14. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Both are good in different ways, a hose party you normally have your friends and family with you, but have to clean up the next day. When you go out clubbing there isn't the cleaning up but it's more expensive and you don't really get a chance to talk.

15. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Member

Yeah, nothing ruins a good time than watered down booze and some random person that wants to be a jerk to you for no reason. Considering someone was shot in a club not too far from where I live, it stands to reason that I would rather spend my weekends at home with a nice bottle of alcohol and being comfortable with junk food and a movie/video game to play.

16. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I can see how that could be a deterrent, if you want to go out to have some fun and get shot because of it. Fortunately where I live that doesn't really happen.

17. Destiny

Destiny Member

I'd always rather go to a house party because I'm cheap, and they're always cheaper. That probably sounds bad on my part...

18. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I prefer a house party over a club any day because you do not deal with the bouncers and random strangers acting a fool. The only advantage to the club is they have larger bathrooms and the line is not crazy!