Did You Know.......?

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by Sue, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Sue

Sue Active Member

I found this interesting fact about beer online. Did you know that Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of having an empty beer glass? I never knew that such a fear had a name but it is real and very terrifying! :)

SirJoe and kgord like this.
  2. kgord

kgord Active Member

OH that is hilarious! I could see that being trotted out at parties. Well, I have to have my glass full because i have Cenosillicaphobia. What's that people might respond,,and they would think the person was joking when they said they had Cenosillicaphobia.

Sue likes this.
  3. Sue

Sue Active Member

I think it has a nice ring to it too. lol It would be fun to see people trying to guess what your phobia was.

4. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

Oh so that's the name! I knew my condition had to be named. I have this fear, without a doubt.

kgord and Sue like this.
  5. kgord

kgord Active Member

The only trouble is what is the proper pronounciation? I guess it is just as it looks. This belongs in one of the strange but true categories. I think it is just one of the things that you have to get right to carry this thing off.

Sue likes this.
  6. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

So does that mean that the person walks around with a full glass and never drinks from it with the fear that it will become empty? :D

Sue likes this.
  7. explorerx7

explorerx7 Member

This is very interesting. I never knew that there was such a phobia and its even a bit difficult to pronounce. I guess that a person who suffers from this type of phobia would need to have beer being added to their glass as soon as the content level drops to a certain point but I wonder how long will that be sustainable before the drinker would probably get into a drunken stupor.

Sue and kgord like this.
  8. kgord

kgord Active Member

Yes, I have another word for this phobia...I would call them impaired...seriously..can you imagine?? Unless they were total sippers.. I mean I guess you could nurse one beer all night if you just took sips, which you might want to if you want your glass full all the time.

Sue likes this.
  9. Sue

Sue Active Member

I know I definitely suffer from this conditions some weekends. lol I feel it the next morning!!

kgord likes this.
  10. kgord

kgord Active Member

I guess all of us have had this at one time or another. I hope that sufferers of this condition, have a designated driver! I mean really. It seems like there are phobias for everything nowadays. I wonder who sits around and names all these phobias??:D:p

11. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

It's every alcoholic dream come true. A real reason. I heard about this but I always thought of it as a joke. I guess it is not but it is funny when you think of it. The easiest way to have your glass full is actually not drinking the beer. It is maybe the opposite of alcoholism. It can be the cure for it :)

12. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I didn't know there was such a word as Cenosillicaphobia. But having an empty beer glass is positively terrifying. Phobia, Shmobia ... I do believe that is just good old fashioned common sense. :D

13. Pavel

Pavel New Member

I had that problem, but it was starting when I saw an empty bottle. However, resolving was pretty easy, and I just needed to go to a local store buying new bottles. I was very persistent with beer, and I drank it almost instantly. It was my favorite beverage and our love lasted many years. But, I have also heard that beer is healing and that was used as a cure sometime in the past.

14. TayH

TayH New Member

Let's just hope you haven't had to many beers before you try telling someone your impending doom is approaching and you are cenosillicaphobic.