Do You Drink And Drive?

Discussion in 'Night Chat' started by DR KOKIL AGARWAL, Jul 1, 2017.

1. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

There are many who can drive comfortably even after a few drinks whereas there are a few who find it difficult to monitor control.

What about you?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Definitely not, I only did it once because I had to otherwise I would've slept on the streets. Thankfully I wasn't that buzzed, after a couple of strong drinks I find it hard to walk straight, let alone drive a car properly.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL likes this.
  3. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

I do not outrightly say that driving is strictly prohibited or is a crime after drinking. But there are a few who lose their motor control soon after a couple of drinks. One of my friends is such and he always comes along with someone because he always needs a company to drop him back home. I find this very sensible because it is better to be prepared in advance rather than to end up in a mess later on.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I think even the people who feel confident they can drive drunk shouldn't attempt it. You never know when alcohol hits you, it's way too risky to attempt it. After all you're playing with yours and others' lives.

5. xyrene

xyrene Member

I don't know how to drive, so even if I get drunk, someone will be the one in charge of driving me home, lol. And even if I do know how to drive, I will not take that risk of driving even when I'm tipsy.

6. Tiile23

Tiile23 New Member

I haven't tried it before. And I don't think it's a good idea. When am extremely drunk, I can maintain my balance but I wonder if I can do so controlling a vehicle.

Controlling a vehicle involves a lot of awareness which I really wonder if a drunk person can provide.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

Many years ago I've had such an experience. :( But after I was fined because of it, I changed dramatically and it never happened again and I think everyone should be aware of this once and for all.

8. tony

tony Active Member

I won't be a party to drink and drive. I have seen and heard about terrible accidents that have occurred from such negative practices. If I must drink then I won't drive.

9. Tiile23

Tiile23 New Member

Generally when one gets drunk, you take a lot of things for granted. Imagine how sometimes you almost spend the night in the streets after drinking, and proceeding with that feeling to drive a car. Clearly, it's not safe.

However, alcohol's impact on a person is highly subjective so, someone could still drink and drive. But since everyone knows himself best, one should know whether he can drive after being drunk. Some people even drive better when drunk.

10. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

I disagree. Some might *think* they still drive fine after a few drinks, but that's been proven untrue. It's best to make arrangements in advance if you plan to have drinks while you're out. Bring along a designated driver, wait until you're sober, call a cab (or someone else), get a room... whatever it takes to avoid driving under the influence.

Even some of the commercials say, "Please drink responsibly." Not only could you hurt yourself, but you could hurt others as well. It doesn't take much to put you over the legal limit, which can open up another whole set of problems.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL likes this.
  11. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

I think you are right. I surrender. There is nothing that can justify drunk driving. It is better to avoid as much as we can. Personal injury as well as trauma to others will always be harmful.

thisnthat likes this.
  12. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I would be interested to see the numbers on this, as I would hope they are going down just as awareness is going up, but I guess you never know.

13. ketchim

ketchim New Member

If you're going to drink alcohol, plan beforehand how you'll get home without driving. You could book a taxi, use public transport or arrange a lift with someone who's not drinking.

Never offer alcohol to someone who's going to drive, and don't get in a car with someone who has been drinking.
    I never drink and drive!

14. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Never ever ever and i mean ever drink and drive, it's one of the dumbest thing anyone can do.

15. sommax

sommax Member

Before, I thought there was nothing wrong with drink and driving, until I saw a hit and run drunk driver killed one of my neighbors son. The most annoying thing there is that when the guy was later caught by the police; he said he thought he hit a beer.

16. haroon rasheed

I have not tried any kind of drink such as beer and whisky etc.I think that it would not be a good thing for me to taste any kind of drinks.As per your qurstion, I even can't think to drive after drinking a bottle of a whisky or any other drink.

17. Zero

Zero Member

I think you should at least sip a few.

18. walter12

walter12 Member

I would advise everyone to never drink and drive please.

19. rz3300

rz3300 Member

It feels like the last string of newscasts has been full of accident resulting from alcohol, so I hope this is just a weird blip. I would like to think that the numbers are going down, at least I hope so.

20. john flaming

john flaming New Member

I think it is not safe to drive while you are drunk. So i avoid to driving in this situation. I would prefer to hire a taxi or would ask some friend to drop me the place where I have to go.