Do You Drink With People Or Alone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kgord, May 31, 2016.

1. kgord

kgord Active Member

I will do either. I don't think because I sometimes drink alone it means I have a problem. I only live with a roomate and he is in his room most of the time so by default i have to drink alone. Of course, there are times I drink with people too. This is when I have the most fun drinking obviously.

2. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I am not a fan of drinking alone. I prefer to drink with friends and family. It makes for a fun time and I don't feel so awkward. If I were to drink alone, I would feel like I had some sort of problem. I don't think that other people drinking alone have a problem, but when it comes to myself, it wouldn't feel right. I'd rather drink with a friend and enjoy a good conversation as we drink.

3. Destiny

Destiny Member

Both, actually. I like to drink with people at my house or somewhere I'm staying. I tend to get too drunk sometimes... not like acting stupid. But, certainly not to leave the house that drunk. So I usually drink alone at home.

4. kgord

kgord Active Member

Most of the people I know are not into drinking so by default, I am going to drink by myself most of the time. I don't get drunk or anything. I just enjoy sipping while I am chilling watching TV or something...or having some wine with my pizza.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Depends on the situation, I don't mind either one. Sometimes I just want to relax by myself and drink a little alcohol while sometimes I like going out with friends to have a drink.

6. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Both. Though I don't go out nearly as much as I used to. I know some view drinking alone as some kind of major no-no, but, frankly, if you know your limits and are doing no harm, I do see why it is considered a hard and fast rule.

7. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I do both but probably drink more often with friends and family than I do by myself. I find that it's more fun to share the experience than to drink by yourself.

kgord likes this.
  8. kgord

kgord Active Member

Yes, this is true Sir Joe I think it is always more fun when you can drink with others. It is just one of the ways that you can get the fun you need. No matter what you are drinking when you can have others to share the fun with you it is better.

9. artyarson

artyarson Member

I prefer social drinking. Drinking alone is just not my thing. However, sometimes I drink to fall asleep, as the alcohol really helps me do this.

lexinonomous likes this.
  10. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I thought that I might be the only one that does this. I will occasionally drink to fall asleep, but I try to limit the times that I do this. It always makes me feel as if I have some sort of drinking problem. People used to give their children alcohol in order to fall asleep, which is what inspired me to try it out when I was losing sleep the night before school. It works, but it makes me feel absolutely terrible.

11. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

Depending on the mood I do both. Although I have to say that I haven't drink for some time now. It's funny though. I used to drink beer regularly and now it's a slow period for me. I have to get back to my old habits. I just lost track of the time, it's been a while. I have to ask my girls of she would like to keep me company and be my partner in crime for this. :)

12. overcast

overcast Member

Both. I don't have any specific preference in that case. I work with what I have and go with that. I am not sure if there are always the best option. Sometimes alone can be fun. And some of the time being with people can be fun too.

13. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

I always drink with other people. I think it's kind of lame drinking alone, to be honest.

14. xyrene

xyrene Member

I drink with friends because they invite me to, although on my own I won't drink alone.

15. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I do both-but its is very fun to drink alone sometimes I would say-and have a nice glass of wine-because sometimes you need to get away from mankind for awhile. Listening to some nice music by the fire and having a drink can be very therapeutic sometimes with maybe a glass of Irish whiskey, or whatever drink you prefer. You can also enjoy some snacks as well, with your wine or whiskey-and it gives your drinking another dimension. I would watch jumping on Facbook though after you had a few drinks though(haha) !

16. pmk1990

pmk1990 New Member

I fancy having friends around for a drink buy most of the time I don't get that. I'm not good at communication skills so most of the time I end up drinking alone.

17. dionnextherese

Drinking with my friends make my drinking experience a lot more fun. I'm not a fond of being alone while drinking because that's so boring. I can enjoy drinking if I have some company.