Do You Have A Daily Drink?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lexinonomous, Jul 27, 2016.

1. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

Some people come home from work and have a glass of wine. Others might pick up a beer. There are so many drinks to choose from and with the days being tough, it's nice to come home and have a drink. I don't feel that there is anything wrong with having a drink on a day to day basis, so long as it's in moderation and isn't effecting your life.

Clearly, we all enjoy a drink from time to time, but are there any drinks that you have on a day to day basis?
    What is the drink?
    Do you ever switch it up?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

In general I drink Pepsi with wine or vodka with orange juice, both are really good daily drinks. I wish I could say I drink whisky daily but it's too strong for me. :p

lexinonomous likes this.
  3. Sue

Sue Active Member

I very rarely drink through the week. I have a few drinks on the weekend and that's it. If I were to have a daily drink it would probably be a beer. I enjoy the taste of a nice cold beer after a long day at work.

4. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

There was a time that I did. I used to have a beer when I used to get home after work, but got out of the habit of doing so. I'm much more of a social drinker and rarely drink by myself.

5. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I do drink pretty much everyday. It varies fairly wildly though; sometimes some brewskis, others a G&T after work, etc. Variety is the spice of life.

6. justintheruffian

No, I don't have a daily drink. There was a time when I would drink around 5 days a week, but it's dwindled to about 2-3. I'm much more of a social drinker than a lone drinker, and since I've been so busy lately I haven't had a chance to really hang out with people and drink. If I have a really bad day, I'll make myself a drink, but in general I tend to just drink with other people on the weekends.

7. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I have heard so many people mention combining cola with their alcohol lately. I've heard of Jack and coke, but the other combinations are completely new to me. I don't think I've ever met someone that had combined wine and pepsi together.

Does it actually taste good? It just doesn't sound appealing. What kind of wine do you use to combine with the pepsi?

8. kgord

kgord Active Member

I don;t have a daily drink. I will say when I do have alcohol, I will drink it pretty often. I don't have it in the house right now. I did have a beer yesterday though. I might buy some wine when I go into town which is in a few minutes, in fact, it is likely I will.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Red wine goes well together, I usually add it to dull the alcohol a little and to give it a more sweet taste. A lot of times I drink it simple, but Pepsi red wine is a good daily drink.

10. Sue

Sue Active Member

Pepsi and red wine sounds like an interesting combination. I have not heard of it before so I may just have to give it a try. I have both on hand now but really not in the mood for a drink. The next time I want a drink I will give it a try.

11. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I think that you will like it. It doesn't have to particularly good wine so that's a bonus, but be careful it's easy to drink but still has the alcohol content.

Sue likes this.
  12. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

Basically it depends on two things. Whether I am in the mood and whether I have something in the bar or fridge. If I have something that I like I will have a glass or two, that is a must. I especially like red wine and beer. White wine is again a god choice but as a spritzer in these hot days.

13. Norm A

Norm A Member

I don't drink everyday. I used to... But these days I have learned to discipline myself a little more and my body is thanking me for it. I only drink on weekends, and even then I don't drink on every single weekend. I found as I got older, I kinda had to slow down a little cos my body couldn't take it as well as it used to.

14. overcast

overcast Member

Nothing daily from what I know. I do however take beer every now and then. It keeps me fresh. And the best part about daily drink is that. It does not have to make you a bit routine feeling. That has to change in that case.

15. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

Well... I have to say that I don't have just one, I have three: Water, Coffee (not the black one) and Juice (preferably orange, apple or mango).

Those three are among my favorite ones.

16. overcast

overcast Member

Those are not alcohol. The thread is about Alcohol. Not sure how people are replying with non alcoholic beverages. It'd be interesting to know your choices in that case.

17. Shine_Spirit

Depending on the occasion, I would say it would be wine. Red or White, becuase I like both. :)

18. payaknapagiisip

Before, I did. Now I am just an occasional drinker and sometimes I drink just to socialize. I guess I am fed up with the feeling of battling hang overs every morning. Another reason is drinking every day, is actually expensive.

19. Shine_Spirit

Well said. By the way, I'm impressed with how fast the prices of drinks are booming. I mean what's happening?! :eek:

payaknapagiisip likes this.
  20. payaknapagiisip

True, It's like they have found a reason to jack up the price and we are not informed about it. That is why I am practicing to make my own booze. I started making my own wine, It was a good month and my friends are happy with the taste. Next step would be moonshine, Planning to start the project as soon as I have the resources.