Do You Like Camping?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sue, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Sue

Sue Active Member

We love camping. In the summer every weekend we hit a new place. We have a tent because you can go to some pretty remote areas when you are tenting. I love sitting around the campfire at the end of the day and throwing back some cold ones. Winters are so long when you are waiting for camping season to arrive.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I do, actually. Too bad the weather won't be decent for camping for a couple of months at least, but this summer I plan on going camping for a long time, since my work will allow more free days. :p Should be a lot of fun!

Sue likes this.
  3. Sue

Sue Active Member

Yes I am really looking forward to the camping season this year. It is my favorite time of year! The only thing is that it passes too quickly.

4. thash1979

thash1979 New Member

If you are referring to a spacious motor home equipped with a full bathroom, kitchen and a television, then yes I do! I have been camping with my dad many times, and it never fails the tent we get has a hole, gets put on a huge rock or stump or is on a hill and I feel like I am falling off a cliff while sleeping. I would love to enjoy camping and wildlife safely from the comfort of a queen size bed in a fully furnished RV!

5. Sue

Sue Active Member

A lot of people prefer camping that way. We have a travel trailer as well but we prefer tenting. For us is gives us a much better camping experience. Everybody is different though. Camping is enjoyable no matter how you choose to do it.

6. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I love nature ans of course love camping. I have plans to go in near future with a friend and we will hit the hills around our city. Naturally, we are waiting for some hotter weather so we can sleep there without having to worry about getting sick. I also respect nature and I think we all should remember not to leave things behind us or be careless with fire.

Sue likes this.
  7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It does pass quickly, but if you were able to go camping the whole year the experience would become bland. I feel that it's good to have a balance when it comes to fun experiences, so you don't get burned out.

8. Sue

Sue Active Member

Yes I suppose that it true but I could use a few more months of it. My tent is my happy place. It doesn't matter where we camp at I am just happy to be out in nature. Some of my best memories have been made during our camping adventures. So many good times.

9. Sue

Sue Active Member

Oh got that right. Sadly there are some irresponsible campers out there. So if we come across a place where there is garbage or a fire not put out probably we will always stop and do our part to make sure it is left the way nature is meant to be. It irks me when people leave garbage all around. That is totally unacceptable.

10. richj8am30

richj8am30 New Member

Yes I actually like camping, especially if we make some good food. In fact i think that I'm going to gather some really good recipes for the next time that I go camping with some of my best buds. Some good brew and some even better stuffed burgers and I won't go home for a week.

Sue likes this.
  11. Sue

Sue Active Member

Now that is my idea of a good time. Stuffed burgers and beer sound awesome. And a week of camping..that would be heaven!!

12. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Honestly, not really. Oh, I enjoy a good hike at times, but not camping out overnight. Just not my bag. Though I can see how one might enjoy.

13. kgord

kgord Active Member

Yeah, I love camping, but I haven't gone for years. I don't have anyone to go with, and at my age..not really interested in crawling in and out of tents. If I had some kind of pop up I would go for sure. It's not as cheap as it once was either.

14. cortana

cortana New Member

I only enjoy it in the fall when the vegetation is less, the bugs aren't as rampant, and the allergies for me are a bit down as well.

I also enjoy the campfires and cooler weather.

Summer camping = NO THANKS for me!!

Then again, when we went with summer camp as kids, it was ALWAYS fun, so maybe summer camping is fine too!

15. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I only went camping once in my life and did enjoy it, but never made the time to do it again. I don't have any camping equipment so for that reason alone I have put it off.

16. Destiny

Destiny Member

I used to really love camping but I haven't been in a very long time. Not since my grandma died a decade ago.

17. Stephens

Stephens Member

I usеd tо саmp just fоr thе еxpеriеnсе оf bеing in thе wооds, сооking оvеr а wооd firе, аnd lingеring by it till it wаs timе tо gеt in thе tеnt. Wаking up еаrly tо bird саlls, аnd smеlling соffее аnd grilling bасоn, аs а stаrt tо а dаy оf hiking.
    Slееping wеll аnd sоundly, in frеsh аir.

18. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

I аm nоt gоing tо liе - my оnly саmping еxpеriеnсе еndеd with my stumbling dоwn а trаil, tеаring my lеg оpеn, аnd spеnding hоurs with my fеllоw bасkpасkеrs trying tо mаkе оur wаy оut оf thе wооds with my lеg bоund in а mаkеshift splint. But if I соuld, I wоuld dо it аll оvеr аgаin.
    Thеrе wаs sоmеthing sо саlming аnd rеlаxing аbоut еsсаping frоm my hоmеtоwn аnd tаking а fеw dаys tо trеk thrоugh trаils. Yеs - by thе еnd оf my fivе dаy trip, I wаs соvеrеd in dirt, swеаt, аnd blооd. But I spеnt thоsе dаys surrоundеd by mаjеstiс rеdwооds. I stumblеd оut оf wооds tо sее widе еxpаnsеs оf сrystаl сlеаr wаtеr in thе lаkеs. I mеt fаsсinаting tоurists frоm аrоund thе wоrld.

19. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

I сlimbеd tо thе snоw linе аnd rеstеd my hаnd оn snоw in thе middlе оf summеr. аnd аs а yоung pеrsоn whо hаd nеvеr bееn аwаy frоm hоmе fоr lоngеr thаn оnе night, it wаs еmpоwеring tо rеаlizе thаt I wаs саpаblе оf hаuling а fivе dаy supply оf rаtiоns, slееping gеаr, аnd еmеrgеnсy suppliеs.

20. Lebroncc

Lebroncc New Member

Im not really one for the outdoors. When i am camping though i enjoy getting lost in the woods and canoeing. I guess its fair to say that the outdoors are pretty fun.