Drinking Beer With Food

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by FuZyOn, Jan 14, 2016.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I'm not the biggest beer drinker ever but I love eating a steak with fries and a glass of beer. Anyone that does the same? I feel like the combination is perfect. :D

Natasha0717 and richj8am30 like this.
  2. Sue

Sue Active Member

There are some foods that go good with beer. Steaks and fries in one of them. I also like to have beer and pizza and beer and wings. They go good together. I like beer but I don't normally drink beer with my meals but I will if I am having any of the above.

3. mandak

mandak New Member

I agree with both of you. Beer goes great with pizza, wings, burgers, steak and fries. And fish and chips! A good beer with a good beer battered fish is the best! Now I'm really hungry...and thirsty just thinking about it. Think I'll partake in a delicious winter ale.:)

4. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

It is always a good idea to have a snack while drinking beer or vice versa. Anyway my favourite is chips and those small fried fish. Usually something salty and with a game on TV. A perfect combo.

5. Destiny

Destiny Member

I love drinking beer when I eat pretty much anything! Burger, wings, steak, nachos! It just makes the food so much better!

6. Sue

Sue Active Member

Oh I forgot nachos. Nachos and beer are great together. A lot of times when my finance and I gave a few drinks we make up nachos as a snack.

7. kgord

kgord Active Member

I agree with the nachos and beer. Steak and beer or steak and wine are very good together..Grilled cheese and beer or pizza and beer are all very good combos. A little awhile ago, when I was watching that sad Panthers/Seahawks game, I had beer and jalapeno doritos...made to go together!

Sue likes this.
  8. MyDigitalpoint

I love to eat a thick New York steak, rare to medium rare done, with broiled onions and a cold, dark beer mug.

This is my favorite treat when rewarding myself for a given achievement :)

Sue likes this.
  9. Sue

Sue Active Member

That is a great reward for any given achievement!! :)

MyDigitalpoint likes this.
  10. crimsonghost747

Yeah, I do this a lot too. I think beer is a perfectly good drink for most foods, of course there are some exceptions and in some cases wine simply fits so much better.

11. richj8am30

richj8am30 New Member

Same here. There is really no other beer pairing that can quite satisfy me like steak and beer my friend. I think that a great side would be fries for this. If it wasn't for steak and beer I'd make a great vegetarian but I just can't give them up. I can go weeks without eating any kind of meat until someone cooks steak or asks me to come along to somewhere that does really good steaks. I can't help myself, and it doesn't help that I haven't eaten anything solid in three days.

12. Sara

Sara New Member

beer is good beside most foods and for those that it isn't, wine fits so much better. beer is super while having snacks in a hot summer day. and it's great with fast foods like pizza and sandwiches.

13. Sue

Sue Active Member

I really enjoy beer in the summer time with BBQ food. BBQ and beer just go together just fine. Through the summer months we tend to drink much more beer. There is nothing more refreshing then an ice cold beer on a hot summer day!

14. Drukenduty

Drukenduty New Member

I don't usually drink beer or wine with meals.
    I think it's just a habit thing, and I guess I'll probably change as I get older.

Some meals just need beer though...
    Any kind of ham and sausage sandwich, pizza, francesinha.

I do prefer snacks like peanuts, pretzels, lupini beans, etc.

15. Sue

Sue Active Member

I like snacky foods with beer too. Pretzels, peanuts and potato chips are usually around whenever I am having a few. The salt and beer is a great combination.

16. thash1979

thash1979 New Member

I only seem to have a beer when I am eating pub style food. Best would be a big greasy burger, fries, maybe some mozzarella sticks or even a steak dinner! I can not imagine drinking this with anything like my spaghetti dinner.

17. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Definitely. I think a pack of salted fries with a hamburger is the way to go when you want the perfect meal for a glass of beer.

Sue likes this.
  18. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I just love an ice cold one with fried shrimp. The beer is very cooling especially if the shrimp are nice and spicy.

19. Sue

Sue Active Member

Oh yes another favorite. I love shrimp and they go great with beer. Oh spicy shrimp..it has been awhile..I am craving them now!! :)

20. artyarson

artyarson Member

When I'm drinking, I usually order some junk food. Burger, fries and beer. Kind of classic. Do you love it, no?