Drinking Beer With Food

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by FuZyOn, Jan 14, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

For me that has to be the best combo. With all that heat you really need something to cool you down, and there is nothing quite like an ice cold beer.

2. kgord

kgord Active Member

Oh I agree barbecue and beer go together like a hand and glove. I love to have beer when I barbecue. It also goes good with pizza, and snacks. Some people love to have a Michelob with a grilled cheese sandwich.

3. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I do drink a beer with a meal at times. The saltier fare, in particular, goes very well with a nice cold one. And some dishes simply wouldn't be complete without said.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I will have the fish and chips and some pale ale to go with this food pairing,and maybe a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale at that. This amber gold- ale has some piney and grapefruit aromas and would really bring the taste of this meal out as well. The hamburger and fries would be great with some pale ale as well.

5. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I usually feel the need to take it a little easy on my stomach if I plan on drinking more than one beer. Something light is enough for me and anything more can be trouble.

6. xyrene

xyrene Member

I don't think I would want heavy meals such as steak or burgers with beer, I prefer light snacks like nachos or tacos to go along with beer instead. I don't want the bitter taste of beer to muddle the taste of my heavy meals.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

The only kind of foods that I like to eat while I'm drinking beer are salty snacks, for example: doritos, rufles, peanuts... Or, pizza! :)

I never eat normal food while I'm drinking beer. I've tried it a few times and I've always hated the results. :confused:

8. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

Beer with food is a good combination for me. I like to have beer occasionally with my regular food. I enjoy it a lot.

9. Zero

Zero Member

I only ever mix these two on special occasions or with food that is light and doesn't a strong taste.

10. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Member

I also avoid drinking beer, but I like to drink one while having a BBQ. It goes well with it I can't deny it. It goes well with chips as well, or peanuts.

11. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Beer can be kind of heavy and makes me feel full. Due to that, I tend to prefer lighter foods like snack foods with it.

Cookouts are perfect. You can never go wrong with cold beer on a hot day. With a cookout, you can eat as little (or as much) as you like, while enjoying the sunshine and a nice brew.

12. tony

tony Active Member

I find that if I don't eat enough and I drink beer sometimes I end up with a headache. Due to that experience I always make sure to eat heavy before taking beer. That way I am very balanced.

13. Athanas

Athanas Member

For me, it's different story. If I have to take beer, it is beer alone. If it is food, it is food alone. I take beer after I have eaten very well. Beer needs a good platform to land on in the stomach.

14. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

I like drinking beer while eating. It's especially good with BBQ.

15. Rexy

Rexy New Member

Drinking beer with stake is definitely amazing. However, with normal food, it can be quite disgusting.

16. dionnextherese

I love the combo of the pizza with beer. I first did this when I was drinking beer with my friends and we all loved the taste of these two combinations together.

17. tony

tony Active Member

I can drink beer after meals, not just immediately after food. The idea of eating and drinking beer simultaneously is grossly strange to me. I am not sure that's healthy enough.

18. akjangra

akjangra New Member

Sounds great! I prefer pizza and some cold drinks with beer, some music and friends. We used to do this occasionally, my friends and I, and those were the best days of my lifre!

19. serbog

serbog New Member

Eating any kind of meat with beer is really tasty. We have a national holiday here where we usually gather around to go in the forests or something that is in the nature, and we drink beer while we make ourselves some stakes or grill. It's really fun.

20. Natasha0717

Natasha0717 New Member

My Grandma enjoyed that as well, or even a cheeseburger and fries with a cold glass of beer. But that was it, she'd drink maybe only half the glass.
    As for me, that was a big no-no. Never once did I associate beer with food in any way whatsoever. I didn't even think of food when I was drinking, it was the last thought on my mind. The only time I wanted to eat was at the very end, right before going to sleep. Food would just soak up the beer and there goes your beer buzz.. :eek:
    But that's the younger-me talking.. ;)