Favorite Mixed Drink?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Destiny, May 25, 2016.

1. Destiny

Destiny Member

Hey guys! Looking for some new mixed drinks I can make at home. What's your favorite and how to make it?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I wouldn't recommend it but back at a party I made a mix of whisky, vodka, orange juice, cranberry juice and a lemon. It was pretty exotic to say the least.

3. kgord

kgord Active Member

I don't know the proportions, you would have to look it up, but a Moscow Mule with gingerbeer, vodka, and lemon, is really pretty good. It is a drink that is very refreshing, and tastes stronger than it is with the addition of the gingerbeer. I had it once at PF Chang's and thought it was so good, I had to immediately find out how to make it, and mine was almost as good!

4. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

One of the best combinations I've ever had was a Peaches and Cream concept. They serve this at a local bar that I go to and I love it! It involves a mixture of vanilla ice cream, rum, peach syrup, and soda water. I know that they add a few other things to it, but I'm not quite sure what it is.

You could also do a few flavor mixers with a bagging concept. :)

5. kgord

kgord Active Member

That does sound really good. I bet it would work with alot of different fruits. I can defintely see that with apple too. There are a lot of tasty drinks out there. It is too bad they are fattening and expensive for the most part.

6. Destiny

Destiny Member

Wow! Some really great ideas. I'll definitely try some it these they sound delicious!!

7. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I could see it working really well with strawberries. I really love fruit-based mixed drinks. Anything with added cream is simply a bonus. Sadly, with the cream comes the fattening/high calorie ingredients. It's far less expensive to make your own drinks at home, but it's a matter of knowing the proper measurements.

8. artyarson

artyarson Member

That's a great question! Mine is probably vodka and juice. Also, I love whiskey and cola, too.

9. overcast

overcast Member

Vodka and the orange lemon juice is how I combine things. And it seems like a good option for anyone who wants to be in mixed drinks. You can see that it tastes good. And also gives a kick on your taste buds. I'd go for that combination.

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I think since its getting around Christmas time-I would go with something like a White Salamander Cocktail-which is made up of some irish cream and spiced rum. Fill a rocks glass about 3/4 high with crushed or cracked ice,then pour the spiced rum over the ice and follow with the irish cream,with the amount of sweetness desired !

11. dionnextherese

My favorite drink at the moment is Gin mixed with juice. It tastes so good because you can't really taste the alchohol side of Gin.

12. xyrene

xyrene Member

I was able to taste a drink called "hot toddy", and I must say that it tastes quite good!