Favorite Song?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FuZyOn, Dec 24, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I've been listening to a lot of Eminem this year since SHADY XV was published, I really love this song:

2. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

Not one song definitely. I can pick several that I like but never one song. I will start with English songs and finish with some Serbian music.

Leonard Cohen discography is most notable among my favourite music. I really enjoy his lyrics and voice. Some songs are Famous Blue Raincoat, The Law, Avalanche, Dress Rehearsal Rag, Thousand Kisses Deep...

A singer from Serbia very similar to Cohen is Djordje Balasevic and there is no point of listing his songs although there are some videos with titles in English. Some of the best are D-mol, Nedostaje mi nasa ljubav, Portret Mog Zivota, Crni Labud...

3. kgord

kgord Active Member

Oh that is a tough one...that is kind of like picking your favorite movie. One I do really love though is Eagles Seven Bridges Road. I think the harmony's in that piece are to die for. I thought it was done by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young for the longest time! No wonder I could never find it...hehe

MyDigitalpoint and Sue like this.
  4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

These are some beautiful songs, love the emotion! Thanks for sharing! :D

Sue and djordjem87 like this.
  5. Sue

Sue Active Member

I am a huge Bryan Adams fan so it is hard for me to narrow it down to one song in particular. I love all his music and his raspy voice gets to me every time. I am also a country fan so I like any of those fun beer drinking, party kind of songs.

Those are also some great songs posted above. Thanks for sharing. I love all music and all genres.

6. Jesus Viloria

Jesus Viloria New Member

If you like a nice raspy voice, you should try listening to Max Milner. He has a song called Wrecking Ball, and it's pretty cool. It's a little out of your comfort zone, but it's worth giving it a shot. You might become addicted, just like me

Sue likes this.
  7. Sue

Sue Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to look it up and listen to it. I will let you know what I think.

8. MyDigitalpoint

The Eagles is one of my favorite bands of all times, and certainly the harmony in the Seven Bridges Road song is unique, not to mention J.D. Souther joined them in this recording.

Talking about Eagles, I also like this song for the way the instruments were dubbed in stereo (in the vinyl version played out loud) and Don Henley's feeling singing it, and Randy Meisner doing the leading chorus voice,

Sue likes this.
  9. Sue

Sue Active Member

The Eagles are a great band. Listened to them a lot growing up and still do today. They had so many great songs that it would be hard to narrow it down to a favorite. That's for posting the above video. That song has always been a favorite.

10. richj8am30

richj8am30 New Member

My favorite song of all time is Leonard Cohen's 1984 international classic, Hallelujah, as interpreted by unique talent, Jeff Buckley. I can't believe that "Hallelujah" was believed to be a failure by the president of Cohen's former record label. Due to this dilemma it went unheard of in the Americas until Cohen released his album, Various Positions on a new label. How anyone breathing even had the gull to put "Hallelujah" in a sentence with any words other than classic, revolutionary or Godly, is beyond me. So bravo Mr. Cohen, your legacy will live on for an eternity just off of this song alone.

Sue likes this.
  11. Sue

Sue Active Member

Hallelujah is a great song. I have heard it sang by so many different people and everybody seems to add their own twist to it. One of my favorite versions is the one done by Katie Lang. She did an outstanding performance of it.

12. thash1979

thash1979 New Member

No one favorite song in particular, but I do love country music! Especially Sam Hunt. Probably my all time favorite artist to listen to. There is not a song that he has put out that I do not like.

Sue likes this.
  13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Continuing the Eminem path, I just found this classic song from him that has been on repeat for days. Love it!

14. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

A few come to mind, in no particular order ...

Frank Sinatra's "One More for the Road".

Parov Stelar's "The Mojo Radio Gang"

B.B. King's "The Thrill Is Gone"

Lounge Lizards' "Do The Wrong Thing"

15. Sue

Sue Active Member

Thank you for all three videos Daddy-O. Those are some great songs. I really enjoyed them.

16. haroon rasheed

I have so many favorite songs according to my mood.Sometime, I love to listen songs with louder music.Whenever I am in a good mood, I love to listen rap music of Eminem.He is such an amazing singer with great music and lyrics.He is one of the favorite singers of modern youth.I like his song "Love the way you lie" very much.

17. Meeseeks

Meeseeks New Member

I love singing Africa by Toto when I'm drunk
    "IIIIIIII bless the rain!"

18. sommax

sommax Member

Woww! that makes two of us.
    I also love that song.
    Seriously that song makes me go crazy.
    "I LOVE THE RAIN IN AFRICA";);)

19. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

A lot of great songs out there but how about some songs from the 80s and 90s -and somebody I forgot about and was just listening to, was Suzanne Vega who had a hit song on the radio back in the late 80s called "Luka"-but here is another one called "In Liverpool" !

20. john flaming

john flaming New Member

My favorite songs are from LinkinPark and Eminem. Their songs give me wings. Their songs are enough for me to do anything impossible. Mostly i use to play their songs during the workout session.