Fruity Drinks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kgord, Jul 3, 2016.

1. kgord

kgord Active Member

Some people seem to like Fruity Drinks like Pina Colada's Bahama Mama's and the like and others really do not care for them. They prefer to drink liquor straight or maybe with some kind of soda mixed in. What is your feeling on fruity drinks? Are you yay or nay? Personally I love them.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I love them as well, especially when you're on a tropical trip and you're craving a Pinacolada, it's really good. Alcohol mixed with fruit in general is quite tasty if you find the right mix, people on tropical islands know what they're doing. :D

3. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

There is nothing like a nice cool sangria in the middle of summer. It's more commonly made with red wine but you can also make it with sparkling wine. It can really hit the spot.

4. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I haven't really gotten into fruity drinks, though some are sort of fruity. For example, lime with a G&T or oranges and lemon in sangria. Both hit the spot during the warm weather.

5. kgord

kgord Active Member

I don't think men as a rule like fruity drinks that much. Some seem to consider them "unmanly." I guess maybe they would drink them, as long as they didn't have little pink parasols in them lol. I think alot of men would feel kind of weird drinking a cosmo for instance. However, what the heck? It's just a drink.:)

6. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

LOL! True. And this reminds me of a hilarious, and informative, article on that topic: A Guide to Manly Drinks

7. Lisa Jo

Lisa Jo Member

I love most things that should have an umbrella in them as long as they don't contain coconut. There are very few instances I will consume coconut and a beverage is not one of them. However, I really enjoy daquiris, tequila sunrises, and a bunch of other fruity drinks. In the summer when I can get a lot of fruit on sale, I make homemade Sangria. It is out of this world. It goes so fast though in my house I sometimes feel like it's not worth the work, cost, time, and effort because we gobble it all up. Next time, I'll make a bigger batch!

8. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

The fruity drinks aren't always my go-to, but I do enjoy them. I love drinking fresh cocktails. There is nothing better than a bartender creating something from fresh juices and all fresh ingredients. I can't pass up a sweet-flavored drink that is made this way.

One of my favorite "sweet" beverages is found at my local bar. They include fresh mint leaves in a fresh cucumber cocktail. The cocktail has hints of sugar, but just enough for it to have more of a fresh taste versus sugary. :)

9. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I am not crazy about cocktails but I do like some punches and sangria wine for example. I am a beer and wine lover and those, especially the first, do not go well with fruits. Wine is okay, as I said, since it is made of fruit anyway but I like to drink a good wine without any additions. I don't know if I'm yes or no for this one. I'd say more no than yes.

10. Sue

Sue Active Member

I do enjoy them on occasion. There is a time and place for everything. I find that you can't drink too many of them because they are just too sweet. They are very tropical so I enjoy them more in the summertime sitting around the pool with friends.

11. justintheruffian

I can drink them in small doses. Most people complain that they're too sweet and I absolutely agree. Honestly, I can't comprehend how people can drink so many fruity drinks without getting a headache. The same goes for the hard root beer. I do like to treat myself to fruity drinks, but too many is never good for me.

12. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

There are some fruit drinks out there that were clearly thought for women a cosmo as you mentioned is one of them. If they had to serve it in a plane glass I think guys would try it.

13. Sue

Sue Active Member

I have to agree with men looking at fruity drinks as unmanly so they won't drink them. Even if they tried them and liked them most men would not admit it. It is really funny how that goes.

14. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Yep it just looks out of place some how.

[​IMG]
    His holding that thing as if it's going to bit him. I think if he had a glass of scotch or a beer it would suit him more.

kgord likes this.
  15. Sue

Sue Active Member

Yes I have to agree he does look a bit awkward holding that drink. It looks really good though. I wouldn't mind having me one of those right now. It is hot and sunny right now and I nice fruity drink at a beach somewhere would be devine.

16. kgord

kgord Active Member

He looks like he is saying.."Now, I have my picture taken with this fruity drink," How embarassing, what are the guys at the golf club gonna say? I was just holding it for my wife." I hope that wasn't an ad for something.

17. Sue

Sue Active Member

lol I have to agree with you. He does have that look! too funny!

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Haha, well there are cocktails that look like fruity drinks so I don't see why people would think it's unmanly. People from the tropical areas drink them everyday.

19. Norm A

Norm A Member

They are not something I would want to drink all the time or every weekend or something like that, but occassionally me and my girl friends like to have our fruity cocktails and we enjoy them.

20. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I think it's got to do with the setting. It's like skimpy bathing suits if it's on the beach no one gives a second look but just let a women show a bra strap...
    [​IMG]