Give Me Lexington Or Give Me, Well, Some Of That Other Bourbon

Discussion in 'Whisky Critic Articles' started by Alex Bean, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Alex Bean

Alex Bean Administrator

View the Post on the Blog

2. matt c

matt c New Member

You hit the nail on the head. I was looking to try something new, something simple that I could drink when I'm not feeling the need for one of my higher end favorites, like Glenlivet Nadurra. Maybe something along the lines of Elijah Craig or Woodford Reserve. I was debating between this and Larceny, another I haven't tried. The Lexington isn't bad, and I'm sure I'll find a way to finish the bottle, but it is a bit plain. Not bad, just plain. If it wasn't for the 95 rating, I wouldn't have chosen it, which is why I guess they promote the rating. I sure as hell won't trust 'The Tasting Panel' again.

3. Briggs

Briggs New Member

That actually sounds really good. I have always stuck with Jim and Jack. I just haven't been able to find another one I like as much. I may have to pick a bottle up next time into to the store.

4. gavino

gavino New Member

Lexington is all right, but it's never been my first choice, and another tasting of it won't change my opinion on the matter. I'd have to say that this review is pretty darn accurate.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I really like Lexington. Even though it's not my favorite it has a unique taste to it that makes it special.