How Often Do You Smoke Cigars?

Discussion in 'Cigar Forum' started by dannyboy, Oct 6, 2013.

1. dannyboy

dannyboy New Member

To the members on this forum, how often do you light one up to relax? I use to do it pretty often although i have cut back in recent years.

2. polybus

polybus New Member

It is starting to get cold here in Canada and unfortunately it is a summer hobby for me. In the summer I like to enjoy a cigar about every week or every other week. But in the winter I don't really smoke cigars. It's just not as enjoyable.

Sue likes this.
  3. Don

Don New Member

I use to light up my cigars on weekends, when I have enough time for the pleasure of smoking.

4. Alex Bean

Alex Bean Administrator

at least seven times per year whether my body likes it or not

5. Deano

Deano New Member

Tuesdays. Always Tuesdays.

6. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I only smoke sticks outside, so it is heavily dependent upon the time of year. During the winter months, pretty much none. But during the hot summer months, pretty much daily. There are few simply pleasures like sitting in a yard chair, sun beating down, a good book or soft tunes playing on the tablet, and slowly enjoying a fine cigar. :)

7. gavino

gavino New Member

I don't smoke them that often, but a cigar is the perfect way to celebrate an occasion with friends. I used to share a cigar with my best female friend back in the day whenever something positive happened in our lives. It sounds corny, but I'll still light one up from time to time.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Cigars are the best in the winter for me. There isn't a better feeling other than lighting up a cigar while it's snowing outside and the weather is cold. I almost smoke close to none in the summer.

9. Greybird29

Greybird29 New Member

My experience with cigars is much different than most of you. In New York as with many states the sales tax on cigarettes is very high a premium pack can cost upwards of $12. I cannot explain why the tax does NOT include cigars. However a pack of 20 what they call “large cigars” now cost $1.99 a pack including tax. A few years ago when they raised the tax close to $5.00 a pack, I vowed to stop smoking. I saw a sign at a gas station advertising $1.79 a pack and decided to give them a try. They have a wide range of various brands and flavors. I was a menthol cigarette smoker but figured I would try others also.
    I bought 3 packs menthol, cherry and regular. To me the cherry was awful, the regular was bland and both left a bad after taste and smell.
    I grew accustomed to the no filter and menthol taste and have not smoked a “normal” cigarette in years. A pack last me up to three days. I work at home at my desk often and love the fact they go out quickly when laid in an ashtray so I can still have my “smoking baby sitter” with me yet not burn to ashes. As far as a “real and indulging cigar” I will celebrate with friends that had babies and other happy occasions; yet premium cigars are not something that I indulge in.

10. AllAboutTheLincolns

AllAboutTheLincolns New Member

I like to reward myself with a cigar after I've done a good task and exceeded my expectations. Get an A on a really difficult midterm? Let's get a Black and Mild. Got a raise after a few good months of hard work. Let's get something a bit more rare. Tobacco is my vice of choice when I just want the world to move around me. It lets me grasp the beauty of what reality is while staying in a sober mental state. It feels wonderful.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Haha, thought I was the only one that rewarded himself with a good cigar. Whenever I accomplish something big I like to relax smoking a cigar on my porch.

12. AllAboutTheLincolns

AllAboutTheLincolns New Member

You're not alone, my friend. I don't make smoking a habit, but it does feel wonderful to chill out with a cigar after a hard time. I think mixing my vices has kept me out of getting hooked on anything.

13. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHome New Member

I only smoke cigars about once every 4-6 weeks but I smoke cigarillos every other week or so.
    During the mid summer and mid winter I smoke less than I do in the fall and I don't smoke much at all in the spring.

14. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I usually do it once a month when I am having a family party. My uncles like to smoke cigars and I find it is a way too bond with them and to just relax and try new things.

15. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I like to smoke from time to time, but when I'm really stressed with life, one cigar will help me calm down. So, i'll probably say, 10 every month... Depends really.

16. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Member

I started to smoke cigarillos...mostly because I was given a nice sized gift of it despite me telling that person I'm not a smoker. It does have a nice smell to it and I can finally say I tried one before.

17. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

If you don't mind me asking, what brand of cigarillos? I don't smoke them often, though I have a small tin that I've been working through over the year or so. They are not really my bag, but they're not bad either.

18. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Member

I was given a case of Black & Mild Cream and I do like how it smells as oppose to how nasty cigarettes smell to me. Still, once I finish it off, I'm not going to go out of my way to get more since I'm more of a drinker than a smoker.

19. Sara

Sara New Member

we used to smoke a lot of Captain Black Cigars with friends a few months back when I was in dormitory. the good news is, the university is started and I'll be in my dorm in a few days, YAAA

20. Sue

Sue Active Member

I only smoke when I drink. :)