Http:// Real Life/2016/08/01/kentucky-university-offering-mba-in-bourbon/

Discussion in 'Bourbon Forum' started by kgord, Aug 3, 2016.

1. kgord

kgord Active Member

Check this out! Stumped for a major, you could always get your MBA in Bourbon! Naturally, it would be in Kentucky. This is a real degree by the way, not a made up one, so coursework in logistics, economics and management are required. Pretty cool though huh? I wonder how many people make "bourbon" officially their major? Most bourbon majors are unofficially majoring in the subject.

Sue likes this.
  2. kgord

kgord Active Member

Sorry, for the headline mix up, It wouldn't let me post the real Url..but I think you can find it on google. I thought it was pretty interesting actually. I could not imagine majoring in bourbon, but I guess if you are from Kentucky...why not?

3. Sue

Sue Active Member

It makes perfect since coming from Kentucky. Very interesting. Thank you for posting this! I had to laugh but then I thought why you? If you have to major in something then it just might as well be whisky.

kgord likes this.
  4. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I'm sure that they will have no end of applicants. I'm not surprised that they have degree for making bourbon, seeing as there are more and more appreciators of good whiskey that are whiling to pay top dollar for it. There has to be a professional that has to know how to make the best of the very best.

5. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Just had a mental image of an interview ....

"As you can see I have plenty of experience in the field, impeccable references and ... I have an MBA in Bourbon. What other candidate has that?" :D

Seriously, though, that is pretty cool. And, no, I'm not surprised it is being offered in the Bluegrass State.

kgord likes this.
  6. kgord

kgord Active Member

:):):D That's hilarious Daddy O. I would imagine most of the applicants to the program already work in the whiskey biz. I mean outside of Kentucky, I think having an MBA in Bourbon would cause others to look at you like you were a bit nuts. It's important to have a degree you can use!

7. TakKovacs

TakKovacs New Member

With the number of bourbon distilleries here in Kentucky it makes sense to have a degree for such things. There are alot of skilled positions and other jobs at these places, so may as well build a work force for it!

8. kgord

kgord Active Member

Interesting! Glad you joined the forum. I bet you know alot about bourbon and whiskey you could probably inform all of us, about the topic. Thanks for joining, and for commenting.

TakKovacs likes this.
  9. explorerx7

explorerx7 Member

It's not surprising to me that this qualification is being offered in the state of Kentucky which could be said to the Bourbon capital of the United States. I would not scoff at this initiative because I believe it's mostly geared towards the production of top quality Bourbon which will greatly benefit Kentucky's economy.

TakKovacs likes this.
  10. TakKovacs

TakKovacs New Member

Thank I'm happy to be here. While I don't claim to be an expert by any means, growing up here tends to mean you learn a things or two by default, so if there are any random questions anyone has that I can answer, I will definitely do my best to help!

11. Terry

Terry Member

Thanks for the info!