I Thought The

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by Alex Bean, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Alex Bean

Alex Bean Administrator

video ad for laphroaig was fairly humorous - has anybody tried laphroaig 10-year-old recently to see if it actually smells like a seagull's armpits?

2. Briggs

Briggs New Member

Lol no, but now that you bring it up, I can only hope I have the opportunity some day soon

3. Sue

Sue Active Member

lol this sounds very intriguing. Even if I did have a smell of it I couldn't honestly say that it smelled like a seagull's arm pit since I have never been that up close and personal with a seagull. It is one way to describe it though. It's an original slogan, you have to give them that.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

A seagull's armpits? Hah, I can only imagine how bad that smells. Still, as Sue said - It's a fun way of describing the smell.

Sue likes this.
  5. AllAboutTheLincolns

AllAboutTheLincolns New Member

I don't think I have ever heard of the advertisement or the whiskey, but hearing about this whole "tasting like armpits" thing makes me not want to know. I guess it would never hurt dipping my toes in the water on a new flavor though, even if I do end up regretting it.

Sue likes this.
  6. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Member

That doesn't sound very appearing to try if it does have a bad taste to it. I guess I could try it out, but only if it doesn't hurt my wallet to much if I end up not liking it.

7. Sue

Sue Active Member

That is the thing with the price of alcohol what it is, you hate to spend out all that money only to find out that you don't like it. Sometimes the liquor store will have taste test so you get to try things before you buy them which I think is a great idea.

8. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Member

If only the store around my apartment weren't so cheap...I normally have to go across town to my old neighborhood where the liquor store there has taste tests, but only on certain days. I can tell when those days are by the number of drunks hanging outside the store like pigeons.

Sue likes this.
  9. SmoothDrinker

SmoothDrinker New Member

I've tried it. Definitely not like a seagulls armpit. It's smelled of frankencinse and mir. It was yummy too.

Sue likes this.
  10. Sue

Sue Active Member

Well I have to admit that is a much better description then what they used! They could use you in their advertising department! :)

11. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

Ew, a seagulls armpit? What is that? Too much information! Does anyone know of any upcoming whisky tastings in Los Angeles? I remember when Dewars would have tastings in Los Angeles at the Jim Henon's studios. Now I haven't heard of any tastings lately.

12. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

For some reason this just doesn't sound appetizing at all. I don't know how I feel about the name, along with the way you described the scent. I'll try anything once, though.