I Want To Try New Bourbon.

Discussion in 'Bourbon Forum' started by ptahm22, Jan 19, 2017.

1. ptahm22

ptahm22 New Member

I'm self taught when it comes to bourbon and I've loved it for quite some time. I started with Jim Beam White, Jack Daniels and Evan Williams then moved up to Maker's Mark and Bulleit. I feel the urge to widen the scope and try new stuff. If it's of higher quality, the better. I know most guys are experienced, I need your suggestions on other bourbon that I haven't tried.

AngelaMc likes this.
  2. esilv

esilv New Member

Jack Daniels is one of the most popular ones out there. My parents own a rack by Jack Daniels. I wonder. Does Mike's Hard Lemonade count as one in this category? I believe that we owned a table for this brand as well.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I am not really aware of what the differences are here in the new bourbon, but I am curious now. I am not the biggest fan out there, but who knows, as this sounds pretty intriguing.

4. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

image.png Even though Wild Turkey 101 sometimes gets a bad rap, it's a versatile Bourbon that cost under $50. And has some good toasty oak flavors from the barrels. Another great Bourbon to try is Four Roses Small Batch, under $30 you can't beat it. I hope this was helpful.

ptahm22 likes this.
  5. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I know that Four Roses makes some good Bourbon at different price ranges but has anybody tried the Four Roses Yellow Label because of the great value(17 dollars a bottle or so)? I think this is the base model for this brand and they say its light and fruity,with notes of crisp apple and honey and a bit of spice-and it looks pretty good, but I have not tried it.