If You Could Have A Beer With Anyone...

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by lexinonomous, May 31, 2016.

1. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I have had this question come up numerous times in random bar conversation. "If you could have a beer with anyone, who would it be and why?" My answer is never the same. There are so many people that I would love to sit across from and talk with, while enjoying a beer. I sometimes think that it would be even more interesting to sit across from a fictional character. There are numbers upon numbers of people I can think of.

My question is who would YOU enjoy sitting down and throwing back a few beers with (Fictional, dead, alive, etc.)?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Probably one of the people I look up to, including Eminem or Tupac, a once in a lifetime experience. I'd love to hear their stories in more detail, personally.

lexinonomous likes this.
  3. Drukenduty

Drukenduty New Member

Good question :)
    But I can't just name one.
    Fictional don't do much for me...

Alive - Mark Cuban, Paul Rusesabagina, Bill Burr.
    Dead - Jim Morrison, James Braddock, James Gandolfini, Charlie Chaplin.

Theres many, many more I could and should name...
    But mostly Bill Burr though :p

4. lexinonomous

I have always wondered what it would be like to sit down and have a conversation with Eminem, period. I love Eminem, but I don't know what he would be like in a social setting. He comes off super serious in interviews, which would be super intimidating to me.

I am more of a fictional drinker. I think it'd be amazing to sit down and have a beer with Sirius Black from Harry Potter.

5. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I would mind having a beer with Homer but Moe would have to be the bar man. What a brain drain that would be. hehe
    The ideal would be to be there when Bart does those prank calls.

lexinonomous likes this.
  6. lexinonomous

Ha ha ha, I can imagine drinking with Homer Simpson would be a great time. Having Moe as a bartender would be great as well. I wouldn't mind having a beer with Peter from Family guy as well. They are two people that make me laugh and know how to have a great time. I don't think I'd want to be around the two of them when they are obliterated drunk, though.

Prank calls would be a wonderful experience! Ha ha ha!

SirJoe likes this.
  7. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

A lot of people come to my mind. I would like to have a beer with my grandfather who died when I was 4 years old and it's like I kind of missed out on a relationship that people have with their grandparents. I would also like to have one with Jim Morrison and some other great people that are not with us unfortunately.
    When I think about this I believe that the first place on my list is reserved for Leonard Cohen. It would be a great honour to just talk to him and have that one beer. He is a great artist, my favourite musician and he seems like a cool person to be with and a wise one as well.

8. lexinonomous

Well, your post warmed my heart. I didn't think of my passed relatives as someone I would want to have a beer with- but now that you've mentioned it, I really wouldn't mind. I would love to sit and have a beer with my grandfather who passed away in January. It'd be nice to just spend some time with him seeing that I miss him like hell.

I'm not familiar with Leonard Cohen. I'll look him up to see what he's all about. :)

9. kgord

kgord Active Member

I think I would vote for Oprah or Barack Obama. I think they would both be fun to have a beer with. Jesus would be another good person to have a beer with. There are many candidates really. There are a lot of interesting people in the world, and those that have come before our time.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I think he puts on a character but I'm sure you can have a good conversation with him if he's comfortable and you don't come off as pushy. Having a drink with Sirius Black would be pretty crazy.

11. lexinonomous

I imagine that having a drink with Sirius Black would be super informative. Throughout the series, he was Harry's guide and helper when it came to dangerous situations. He was knowledgeable when it came to protecting yourself. I imagine that I'd want to bring a pen and paper with me, so I could take in as much as I could, ha ha. I don't even know if I could pay attention to my beer.

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, I would love a magic book that writes down everything Sirius Black says, I feel like it would take away from the meeting if I came with a pen and paper writing down all he's saying, haha! :p

13. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

What a hard question. But I think I'll choose Kanye West because i love his music and I'd like to know his inspiration and the way he makes his production.

14. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I would have a cold one with Obama. He has broke so many barriers and with his term coming up, I would love to hear his reflections on the past two terms and what he wished he could have done. It would be so insightful.