Ovrrdrunk

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by DR KOKIL AGARWAL, Jun 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

When was the last time to drank whisky beyond your limit. It happened with me around a year back. I drank a new whisky which was very smooth. After having my quota I felt like not have drunk at all.

Little did I realize that it would strike me later. Till then I had already drank more. I soon lost control and had to go back home.

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

Last week. At a university graduation party of a longtime friend. :)

I hadn't had whisky that way in a while, but I had to take advantage of it because it was free (something that doesn't happen so often :D).

DR KOKIL AGARWAL likes this.
  3. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

Hahaha... Such things have a considerable increased probability if one does not have to pay for it.

Once in a while is always OK so just chill.

Shine_Spirit likes this.
  4. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Were you drunk when you made the thread? You slurred your words in the title, ha ha.

I don't drink whiskey in excess. I learned that lesson the hard way when I was much younger. If you drink yourself sick on whiskey, it will be a long time before you want to drink it again.

As an adult, I try to have more self control and actually enjoy my drinks instead of slamming them. ;)

5. Zero

Zero Member

I am always conscious about how much i drink, i have had a few bad and unfortunate experiences due to being drunk, therefore i try to limit my drinking to a certain amount.

6. xyrene

xyrene Member

I see my friends acting all stupid, and they embarass themselves with what they say or do when they're drunk, so I told myself I will never behave like them. So I make it a point to not drink too much and stop immediately if I already feel tipsy.

7. tony

tony Active Member

Getting over drunk is one terrible experience one can have in an outing. I have seen men vomiting openly in broad day light due to over drinking. Some have fallen into open gutters under the negative influence of excess alcohol. I know my fill and hardly go beyond that limit.

8. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Well, the older you get the more it hurts the next day too. I try to avoid drinking enough to end up with a hangover.

@tony yeah that would be embarrassing. One guy would go outside, barf, and come back in for another drink. I couldn't believe anyone would still serve him. I've seen a few of those types in my bartending days.

There is a big difference between drinking and getting drunk.

9. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

Oh it's been years since I drank that way. Now that I'm older I like to just have a drink to relax a little and not to overindulge. There is nothing worse than waking up with that horrific hangover from the drinks that creep up on you.:eek:

thisnthat likes this.
  10. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well I have been there, as I am sure that we all have at some point. I guess the key is just knowing your limit, but of course that is much easier said than done.

11. Zero

Zero Member

Yes, indeed a lot of us have a misunderstanding in regards to our limit which can lead to dangerous situations and problems.

12. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

It's funny, we were recently talking about the drinks that creep up. I might have overindulged just a little on my birthday, even though I don't usually do that. I had a little twinge of hangover the next day, which is unusual.

I swear, it was that last one. If I just hadn't had that last one. Isn't that always the one? ha ha.

AngelaMc likes this.
  13. tony

tony Active Member

If you must drink responsibly it's important to have a good knowledge of your limit and not exceed that no matter the influence. I hate seeing people embarrassing themselves in the open due to over drinking, as if they never knew that would happen from excessive in take.

14. clair02

clair02 Member

I'm actually still in the process of trying to get over a serious hangover from the weekend. I don't know how it happened, but I drank way over my limit and now I'm regretting it. There is nothing worse than having a hangover on a Monday especially when you have a lot of work to do...

15. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

As a former bartender, I have seen more than enough people embarrass themselves in public. Yeah, I don't want to be one of them.

We usually just have a couple of drinks at home, if we're in the mood for a beer or a glass of wine or a cocktail. I think it's much better that way, and cheaper than calling a cab, ha ha. I do like to go out once in a while, but yeah, I watch how much I have to drink when I do.

16. kgord

kgord Active Member

I never really over drink. I hate the whole room spinning or throwing up thing. I have never gotten drunk to the point where I couldn't remember the previous evening or something. I limit my drinking enough to feel be good but not to be a hazard or embarassment.

thisnthat likes this.
  17. tony

tony Active Member

That's a lot better if one takes beer at home and gets over drunk, the situation will be better managed by the family and relative. This will turn out a shame if it happens in public.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL likes this.
  18. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

Personally I haven't seen a person feeling ashamed of self because of his last over drunk episode. Those who are in a habit of doing so repeatedly do it irrespective if what others think about them.

Call them shameless or addicts...they will never change.

tony likes this.
  19. Zero

Zero Member

Yes, it's quite saddening to be honest, they are fully aware of their issue, yet they make no effort whatsoever to fight it off.

20. tony

tony Active Member

I think some do feel bad about their behavior when highly intoxicated by alcohol just that they are finding it hard to help themselves out of the situation. People sometimes hide their real feelings.