Oyster Bars?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Daddy-O, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Hey pals. Does anyone else enjoy oysters? Do you have any favorite oyster bars? If you enjoy a brew with your oysters, what type do you enjoy?

Thanks for sharing. :)

2. kgord

kgord Active Member

Oh well, I am not really a fan of oysters. I think oysters are kind of slimy and disgusting, and they can harbor disease as well. I think an oyster bar would be out of my price range, but I do love sushi!! I know oyster bars are popular in some areas.

3. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Oysters are indeed an acquired taste. They aren't for everyone, that is for sure. I do enjoy them served in a lot of different ways though.

P.S. A good sushi hits the spot. mmmm

4. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I have never been to an oyster bar before. I do enjoy oysters and have had them before in the past, but I prefer to make them myself because I can't trust other people to clean them. I always get some sand in my mouth if I trust another place to make them! Yuck!

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I've never been to an oyster bar before but I do eat oysters everytime I go to Constanta (Romania's only beach), they're delicious!

6. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I have never been to an oyster bar, but I have been to a restaurant that serves oysters. I cannot get past the texture of oysters. I tried several times to enjoy them, but it always ends with me gagging and/or running to the bathroom to throw up. I just can't hang with the texture of slime and gunk. The idea of not chewing something weirds me out as well. I don't understand the love for them.

7. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

hehe, you are not the only one that feels that way. That reminds me of the hilarious bit by Jim Gaffigan concerning oysters and other seafood.

:D

8. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Hahaha excellent. He brings up a very valid point. If someone had to cook a scorpion or a spider and put it on someones plate, everyone would start gagging, but lobster and crabs are the arachnids of the sea.

9. overcast

overcast Member

I tried oysters in the thai bar. But not sure if there is a thai bar in your region. Most of the thai bars have oysters. And also there are plenty of thai winery there too. Depends on region and who is managing such bars though.

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I have had steamed oysters before with butter and garlic at a place on the coast a long time ago and they are quite good this way(maybe add a bit of hot sauce),served with some cold beer as well. I am not a fan of raw oysters though, and I think they are still alive when you eat them this way(haha) ? The place in this video below,is near a older place that was called Poseys that they tore down about 6 years ago.