Port Wine.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SirJoe, Mar 26, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Does anyone here like port wine?
    I like it every once in a while and it really goes well in a fruit salad.

2. kgord

kgord Active Member

I don't really buy it, I might have some in this store that I know that has close out wines. They usually feature a little bit of everything. Port is one of the items they might have available. it is just one of the types I remember seeing. I think I drank some of it.

3. Destiny

Destiny Member

I like any kind of wine but most Port Wine is sweet and I prefer mine dry. I'm just not a big fan of sweet wine although port wine is a little better than othersweet wines... Still sweet though.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

The first time I found out about Port Wine was in a fruit salad, actually! It's really tasty but I don't drink too much of it, it's better when mixed with other stuff.

5. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Port Wine really goes well with fruit salad it can really bring out the taste of the fruit. I don't drink it that often but I do like Port straight up. To really get the most out of it's rich flavor it should be sipped.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Sipping does showcase its rich flavor, not going to lie. It's a little too sweet for my tastes but I don't mind using it in mixes. I started preparing fish and bbq meat with it, absolutely delicious!

7. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I really enjoy Port wine, but I'm definitely a sipper. I will sip until the wine is gone. I cannot stand to take Port wine down quickly. Because Port wine tends to have such a strong flavor, I would rather take it in small increments. I don't drink Port very often, but when I do, it's usually a special occasion.

SirJoe likes this.
  8. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I really think it suits it perfectly, it gives it time to breath after every sip. It seems to taste the best right at the end.