Post Drinking Gastric Upset

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DR KOKIL AGARWAL, Feb 27, 2017.

1. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

Does any of you face gastric upset after consuming alcohol. With gastric upset I mean acidity, pain and uneasiness in the stomach which can be associated with vomiting as well.

If yes ...What are the measures that can be taken in images (2).jpg images (2).jpg images (2).jpg order to control them?

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

To be honest as I have got older I have had a couple of issues with my stomach after drinking alcohol, but only when I have had too much so you could say that it serves me right! When I have had indigestion or heartburn then all I have used to get rid of it have been the usual over the counter remedies such as Gaviscon.

If you are having stomach problems though after only a couple of pints of beer or a couple of whisky's, it might be worth a trip to the doctor just to see if they can give you any advice, although they will no doubt just tell you to stop drinking altogether!

3. overcast

overcast Member

I think to be on the safe side. It's important that one should drink keeping health in mind. Not all the time you should drink for the sake of it. And also pay attention to the nausea part. Not a lot of things can be changed here in this context.

4. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

No, but then again I've never got wasted either ( not implying you did, don't get me wrong ). I think that would make me stop drinking though, I really hate nausea.

5. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

Nausea is something that cannot be tolerated by me at all. I hate the very feeling to such a great extent that there are times when I stay away from drinking because I have a gut feeling that I can end up with nausea.