Rolled Cuban Cigars

Discussion in 'Cigar Forum' started by FuZyOn, May 26, 2016.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Found a video about custom made cuban cigars and it sparked my interest. Has anyone tried doing one?

2. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I have never rolled my own cigar, but it looks like a ton of fun. I think it'd be nice to smoke on something that I created. Even if someone handed me the supplies to create, it would still feel good to know that I rolled a proper cigar. The video doesn't make the technique too complicated, but I'm sure it would take a while for me to get the proper tension and pressure down.

3. Destiny

Destiny Member

I never hadve even heard of it but I sounds very interesting. I'm sure I'd be cheaper too. Totally worth looking into if you're into that kind of thing.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Definitely cheaper, it's too bad that I can't seem to find everything I need to make rolled up cuban cigars. I may have to import them.

5. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the launched a kit were you roll your own cigars. They already have a kit to brew your own beer the logical next step is to have kit to roll your own cigars.

kgord likes this.
  6. Destiny

Destiny Member

Around how much does that cost? I'm sure it'd still be cheaper than buying them whole, at least.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Rolling paper is around $10 and it can last you for a lot of cigars. As for the tobacco and such.. it depends on the country, quality and where you get it from.

8. kgord

kgord Active Member

Yes, if they start selling Cuban tobacco here in the US, I am wondering if rolling kits could be far behind. It could be the next big thing, as people will looking to try it. However, with smoking being taboo in most places..not sure if it would really take off. Some people do smoke a cigar on occasion though, even if they aren't regular smokers.

9. Destiny

Destiny Member

Wow! That's interesting! Thanks for replying.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I imagine a lot of teenagers will start smoking/rolling up cigars because they want to be in the center of attention. I'm not familiar with the US but I imagine Cuban tobacco and rolls will be sold at a lot of stores.

11. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Neat video; thanks for sharing. To answer the question, no I never rolled my own cigars. The closest I've come to that is packing one of my pipes and helping rolling some cigarettes for a pal of mine.