Shot Glasses

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by kgord, Jul 1, 2016.

1. kgord

kgord Active Member

Do you have a collection of shot glasses? I have several, because some of them were souvenirs. I must have at least 8 or 1o. I worked in a major amusement park last year, as sort of a fake bartender and I collected a few from there as well, but they are novelty glasses, as are most of the other ones I have are. Not that you couldnt use them but they are mostly decorative.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I don't, really, partly because I don't do a lot of shots and I don't buy them. I only bought a set once in case I ever need them for a party but that's about it. :D

kgord likes this.
  3. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I started up a collection of shot glasses from every city I have ever flown to. Right now I have shot glasses from Atlanta, Boston, Los Angeles, Oakland, Dallas, Cleveland, New York and going to get one from Hawaii next month! They remind me of all of the wild times I have on vacation.

kgord likes this.
  4. kgord

kgord Active Member

They make some cute designer items in shot glasses, but if I really want to measure a shot, I will use a more functional glass that has markings on the side of it so I know how much I am actually getting. I just think that is the way to make sure you are getting the right amount in each glass, if you are making a drink recipe for instance.

5. Lisa Jo

Lisa Jo Member

My uncle used to collect shot glasses. He had quite the collection for awhile. I believe there was over 400 of them at one point. He had a lot from different locations that people went on vacation or family reunions. Plus, he dispatched for an over-the-road trucking company so a lot of drivers would bring him back shot glasses too. However, some of the most unique ones he had he just randomly picked up at places. Some were really cool colored glass in the shape of different animals. It seemed like every one was a conversation piece and had some story attached to it. It was a nice collection.

kgord likes this.
  6. kgord

kgord Active Member

The thing about collecting shot glasses is that they don't take up a lot of room unlike beer collections or something of that type. I guess if I ever get a display cabinet I could collect a lot more of them. I really don't have a place to display them though so that is abit of a problem.

7. Destiny

Destiny Member

The only shot glasses I have are a set of Batman shot glasses I got for my birthday a few years ago.

kgord likes this.
  8. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

Sadly, my collection of shot glasses died. I ended up giving away my collection in a yard sale one year because it was just too massive. It was taking up pointless space and really wasn't doing anything for me. After giving them up, I noticed that I started building a new collection by accident. I now have a collection of twenty or so shot glasses in my cupboard. All of my shot glasses are from random trips I've taken to different places. I would love to get my hands on a Harry Potter shot glass set. :)

9. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I don't really have a full set of shot glasses just have a handful that came free with some bottles that I bought. I do on the other hand have a small collection of liqueur, wine and beer glasses.

10. artyarson

artyarson Member

I don't have a collection at my home but I wonder how much bars spend on them every year. At the bars where I usually hang out they get broken everytime.

kgord likes this.
  11. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

We have on from decades ago (Winchester Mystery House, wooo) that is kept more for family reasons than anything else. Beyond that, we typically drink our hard liquor mixed or over the rocks, so shot glasses is not a common glassware used by us.

12. kgord

kgord Active Member

I smell Ebay in your future Lexonimous. I bet there is at least one set on there you could buy. That would be a major collectors item too. I do like the idea of collecting shot glasses..as there are definitely some unique ones out there, and they are generally affordable.

13. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I have a couple of ones, of course, it's almost obligatory to have it if you like whisky. It's really cool to serve your friends with a cool shot glass.

14. justintheruffian

Not really a collection, no. It's never been my thing. I take shots, absolutely, but I've never felt like collecting the glasses. I have a few I use when I want to take a shot with me and a few friends though. I have about 3-5 that I use whenever I have people over.

15. Sue

Sue Active Member

I have a number of different shot glasses. If I see something that is different I pick them up. I find some interesting and unique ones at yard sales or on ebay.

16. Norm A

Norm A Member

I have a few laying around somewhere. I don't really collect them but sometimes you come across one that is so cute and novel that you have to have it.

Sue likes this.
  17. boobsnbabies

boobsnbabies New Member

I have a fairly large collection of whiskey glasses from snagging all the discount gift packages for liquors after Christmas time. I got one for Jack Daniels with 2 shots glasses for $15 at the local liquor store trying to get rid of all their gift stock. I also got a sweet 2 Gingers gift package with a couple shot glasses, and thats not even counting my stash of mugs that go with rums and vodkas.

18. larryl332

larryl332 New Member

I used to have a pretty good sized collection, but like a lot of other things it has more or less disappeared over the last couple of years. Once you start moving every other year things just tend to get lost, but oh well. Maybe I can start another one up here.

19. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I have a few shot glasses that come with the whiskey sets at Christmas sometimes-but I really would not call it a collection though. I think some of these collections could be worth some money all together if you collect-or there could be very rare ones that you could collect and then sell for lots of money some day. I think this hobby would be very fun-but it could get way out of control sometimes.

s-l225.jpg

20. jakub1

jakub1 Member

They server as great decorative items, even though i have a few i still try to buy some from time to time for a change.