Temperature.

Discussion in 'Cigar Forum' started by ptahm22, Jan 19, 2017.

1. ptahm22

ptahm22 New Member

I ordered some cigars but they arrived when I was away for three days. The box stayed at my doorstep at less than 10 degrees temperature. Could they been damaged ? Is the damage permanent?

2. esilv

esilv New Member

I would assume that the amount of cold and its relevant freeze temperatures may work to preserve them instead, just as if you had refrigerated the cigars or left them in a freezer for awhile. If heat were the problem, then I would definitely tell you to discard them, as their contents may have melted and become highly toxic to the human lungs.

3. tony

tony Active Member

I am not sure if that would damage the cigarette though. But why would you still want to go with a cigarette that has stayed out all that long inside such a cold.

4. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

There is a 70/70 rule. Keeping the temperature at 70°F and a RH of 70%, means that you will have the right level of water vapor to store your cigars. Each level helps maintain the correct AH to keep your cigars aging. Your cigars being in temperatures below 10 degrees definitely was not good for them.

tony and DR KOKIL AGARWAL like this.
  5. xyrene

xyrene Member

So now that you know the answer to your question, what did you do to your cigars? Did you still consume them despite the deterioration or you just threw them away?

6. tony

tony Active Member

Interesting to read this, I bet you more than 90% of smokers have no knowledge of this temperature rule to keeping their cigarette.

AngelaMc likes this.
  7. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

I think it is high temperature that causes more damage than cold temperature. For further knowledge it is better to check the box for storage instructions.

8. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

This is such an useful piece of information. Thanks for sharing the storage details.

AngelaMc likes this.
  9. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I really had no idea that this was as important as it is, but I guess that can be said about a lot of the things that I know. It makes sense though when you think about it.

10. tony

tony Active Member

I am one of the many persons out there that never knew that temperature can have effect on cigarette. Although I am not a smoker, I think it's okay just knowing this maybe helpful to someone.

11. Zero

Zero Member

As the others have stated you shouldn't worry since cold temperature usually helps to preserve a lot of things, hot temperature that could damage them over time.

12. haroon rasheed

As I have stated in my previous on this forum that I am not a smoker.But I think so that a cold cigars may damge human body badly in many ways.If its inner layer is frozen then it may create serious problems related to your lungs.