The Desert

Discussion in 'Phoenix' started by Alex Bean, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Alex Bean

Alex Bean Administrator

seems like a good place for drinking whisky outside

2. Sue

Sue Active Member

It sure does. Being as it is so hot and you'd be so thirsty I am guessing that it would go down very well and oh so smooth!! Anywhere and anytime is a good time to drink whisky!

3. kgord

kgord Active Member

I associate the desert with tequila. Although, I am sure it could be good for whisky as well. Who is going to turn it down? I mean lots of things could be solved with good whisky and tequila...NO???

4. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I don't know if alcohol would appeal to me in the desert. Maybe it's because I live in California where it's hotter than hell, but drinking in the heat has never sounded fun to me. I prefer being in neutral temperatures. :)

5. Sue

Sue Active Member

When it is really hot my preference is an ice cold beer. It tastes so good when the weather is hot. It is so refreshing! When I drink whisky in the heat it hits me far too fast and hard..lol

6. lexinonomous

I'm with you on that. I would really prefer to have an ice cold beer in the heat rather than a whisky. I feel like whisky and any sort of hard liquor makes me even warmer, faster.

Sue likes this.
  7. kgord

kgord Active Member

Of course they always show cowboys like in Cinammaron Strip and old TV shows downing a 5th in the bar. Tequilla comes from Mexico, so yeah, maybe whiskey will go down smooth in the desert.

8. Lynk

Lynk New Member

Too hot in the summer I think but it's perfectly smooth in the winter!

I think there's a reason that whisky is the chosen drink of cowboys though! It certainly does seem to fit perfectly with the western attitude here!

9. lexinonomous

I think whiskey would go down much smoother during the winter months. I always think of hard liquor for the winter and beer for more hot days. The attitude fits, but I don't think the reality of it does.