Weekend Drinker

Discussion in 'Night Chat' started by DR KOKIL AGARWAL, Apr 29, 2017.

1. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

Are you a weekend drinker only? It means do you consume alcohol only during weekends or even during the whole week.
    Personally I prefer drinking only during weekends .

During the week days it is only during special occasions and parties that I opt for alcohol.

2. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well this is probably the best case scenario, but the truth is is that work just sucks usually and that means it is nice to come home to a little drink. Just cannot let it be everyday, then we might have to rethink ourselves.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL likes this.
  3. tony

tony Active Member

I wouldn't say I am a weekend drinker. I can drink beer any good day but the fact remains I drink more during Saturdays and Sundays. These are my free days and as expected more outings and other social activities.

4. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

Alcohol is a stress buster...there is no doubt. But getting addicted to this method of relieving stress is not good at all. Stress is inevitable and we should learn to live with it. Relieving stress once is while is OK but making this a regular habit is not at all allowed.

5. xyrene

xyrene Member

I'm actually a social drinker, so I only drink when I get invited to parties, bars, and other social events. If I were to choose, I prefer non-bitter drinks like Baileys as compared to the staple beer and other hard liquors out there.

6. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

This is good that you drink occasionally. Even I don't support a lot if and regular drinking. For me occasional drinking is only justified.

7. xyrene

xyrene Member

To be honest, I'm not very fond of the taste of beer. Everytime I drink it it's like I have to "endure" it's taste. I prefer sweet-tasting alcoholic drinks.

8. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

I agree...Beer foes not taste good at all. Many are not fond of it's bitter taste. For the first time drinkers beer is never a good option for sure.

9. xyrene

xyrene Member

I remember the first time I tasted beer, my uncle made me take a sip of it and it tasted awful! Beer is definitely not for everyone and it's actually an "acquired taste". No wonder they're cheap, they don't really taste good, lol as compared to the sweet alcoholic drinks.

10. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

Yes.
    I remember the first time I took a sip of beer. It really tasted awful . But you develop the taste slowly as you keep drinking it.

11. xyrene

xyrene Member

How old were you though when you had your first sip of beer? And who urged you to try it? The "hot" sensation in the throat aside from it's bitter taste are the ones that deter me from even touching a bottle, although when I'm sad I do want to drink to forget my troubles.

12. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

I think I was 20 years old. It was my first try for alcohol and there is no doubt that it was a wrong choice for sure.

13. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

I guess it depends on what your schedule is like. I have a relative that works Thursday through Monday. His "weekend" is mid week for most people.

I tend to drink on weekends as opposed to weekdays, because I have more leisure time. I don't need to be anywhere at a specific time, usually, so I can sit home and have a couple of drinks or whatever if I'm up for it. I'm not against having a beer during the week or a glass of wine with dinner either, although it's rare.

14. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

Most of us prefer to drink on the day when we are off from work and that too the next day. If next morning I have to get up early and go for work then the whole day gets spoiled. The heaviness in the head prevails the whole day long and recedes only after the next night's sleep.

15. Zero

Zero Member

I kind of had the same reaction the first time as well, but as you have said the taste definitely grows on you and it become more enjoyable.

16. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Yeah, that makes sense. Then again, I try not to drink enough to have a hangover, ha ha. Getting a good night's sleep will help, as will staying hydrated. You might also want to try having a full stomach before you start drinking or eating something while you enjoy your cocktails.

In any event, it's probably better to be 100% when you have to be at work.

17. tony

tony Active Member

I think it's okay to be a weekend drinker only. I do not think alcohol is a substance that should be taking everyday going by it's tendency to intoxicate. It's dignifying to take alcohol not often especially if you are the type that can easily go tipsy.

18. xyrene

xyrene Member

Well 20 yrs. old is a legal age already. One thing I have also noticed is that those who drink heavily reek bad like the fruit sapodilla. Light drinkers only have the smell on their breath.

19. sommax

sommax Member

Well, I am a weekend drinker. I have never tried drinking on week days because of the kind of job I do. It may result to my dismissal if am found out.

20. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

You mean to say that you will be expelled from your job if you are caught drinking even during the off hours? Did I analyze it in an incorrect manner.

sommax likes this.