What Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lexinonomous, Jun 12, 2016.

1. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

It's been hard for me to find a really good television series to watch, lately. It's usually fairly easy for me to find something to catch my attention, but everything feels so incredibly played out lately. I am currently rewatching the Six Feet Under series. It's one of my all time favorite television shows because they really capture the reality of life itself.

What are you watching right now?
    Have you found any good television shows lately?

kgord likes this.
  2. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I was watching Warehouse 13 and I loved it. Right now I am continuing the trend and I'm watching Eureka which is a similar show. I do not remember I felt so bad after a show ended since I watched Fringe. Warehouse is a warm and interesting show and you can learn a lot actually. Just be careful to check the facts as they tend to alter them. Right now I am watching the EURO 2016 :)

3. artyarson

artyarson Member

I'm currently watching Euro 2016. I don't know If we have many soccer fans out there. For those who doesn't have a clue, it's a very important sports event in Europe that takes place every 4 years.

4. artyarson

artyarson Member

djordjem87, cheers buddy! Which team are you supporting?

5. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I am currently on season 4 of Workaholics. I find that it is so stupid that it is fun to watch! I can't stop watching it and just letting it take my mind off of things. I didn't like it before, but I watch it now that I am done watching all of Girls and Broad City.

6. lexinonomous

Workaholics is a fantastic show! I love that it takes place in Rancho Cucamonga, which is a short drive from where I live. The way they describe the city is very very different than the reality of Rancho, but it's still a fun thing to talk about. The show is hilarious and I can relate to their love for marijuana, ha ha.

I've yet to watch Broad City, but I've heard amazing things about it. Is it as good as people say it is? From what I've heard, the show is very easy to relate to when it comes to women and their best friends.

7. kgord

kgord Active Member

Six Feet Under would be interesting. I wonder if they are showing that on Netflix..? Due to Dish TV we are currently not getting CBS so that limits some choices. However, one thing I enjoy in the summer time is watching America's Got Talent. They have some amazing acts on that show.

Sue likes this.
  8. lexinonomous

Sadly, Six Feet Under is not on Netflix. It's an HBO show and Netflix tends to stay away from HBO like the plague. I hate the limitations on Netflix, but it's easy to access online. I love America's Got Talent! It's a guilty pleasure of mine. I am usually watching it on youtube. :p

9. kgord

kgord Active Member

Well HBOToGo is readily available, but I have no clue how much it costs. I missed the Tony awards due to my stupid satellite provider's argument with the local CBS station. I was thinking about signing up for CBS all access but I would cancel after the free trial.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

A lot of my shows are on break right now but I've been meaning to start watching Daredevil/Supergirl right now. If you want something good to watch for the summer try The Flash, you won't regret it one bit. :D

11. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I can't say that I watch much in the way of television these days. Well, beyond the news, some documentaries and comedic videos on YouTube. I did binge watch the alternative history show Man in the High Castle a while back. It is kind of a dark series, but pretty interesting.

lexinonomous likes this.
  12. Lisa Jo

Lisa Jo Member

I just finished GOT and OITNB. Right now, I am watching Wentworth, which is Australia's grittier version of Orange Is the New Black. I also downloaded another Aussie show called Underbelly, which seems to be like The Wire meets Goodfellas, only in Australia. I never realized that countries other than America and Britian made any decent TV shows. It's nice to watch something from a different (and more civilized culture) than my own.

lexinonomous likes this.
  13. artyarson

artyarson Member

Yesterday there was a crazy soccer game between Italy and Germany. It was the best penalty shootout I've ever seen in my life. The most memorable one, I mean. But, unfortunately, Italy lost the game in the end.

14. artyarson

artyarson Member

Tonight I'm watching another cool game: France vs. Iceland. The first team are hosts, the second are the biggest surprise in this season. So, I'm going to support the latter, even though they are still being treated like an underdog.

Anybody's gonna watch?

15. lexinonomous

So many people have been telling me about Wentworth and how wonderful it is. From what I understand, the show is a lot more realistic when it comes to the reality of prison. I don't know if that's necessarily true, but I am always open to watching shows that show a scarier and uneasy side of things.

I wish that Netflix would bring more foreign television shows. Even something as simple as Wentworth is successful- so it'd be nice to see some more television shows produced in other countries.

16. lexinonomous

Thank you for the suggestion! My boyfriend is really into history, so I try to find shows where we can meet in the middle. I am not a fan of history, but I do like a dark series. I will definitely look into Man in the High Castle! It sounds interesting enough. The way you described it (alternative history show) makes me intrigued.

17. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

It is a fantastic show. It departs from the book quite a bit, but it is still set in the fictionalized world in which the Axis Powers won the war, and divided up the United States between the victorious Germans and Japanese. There is plenty of intrigue and action throughout. If you boyfriend is into history, he'll find it a real treat.

18. artyarson

artyarson Member

Now I'm watching YouTube. It's full of firework videos and other reports on public celebrations of the 4th of July. Pretty damn cool stuff.

Have you guys had fun on that day? I hope so.

19. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I watched that game as well, I loved that Iceland fought hard even though they were 4-0 down at one point. That's what made them progress so far in the tournament, props to them.
    Who do you think is going to play in the finals? I'm thinking a Portugal - France match up, even though Germany looks strong they miss a couple of key players.

20. kgord

kgord Active Member

Tonight I watched America's Got Talent. That is my favorite summer show. There are some amazing acts that perform, and some that are just stupid. However, once they get past the first audtions most of the acts are pretty good.