What Do Men Think Of Female Beer Drinkers?

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by AngelaMc, Jan 31, 2017.

1. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

image.jpeg So with Beer being my favorite alcoholic beverage, I was wondering what men really think about Women drinking beer. There has always been a certain stigma about women drinking beer, some people find it unclassy, and think Women should be walking around with Wine Glasses in their hand.:) With all of this being said, what's your take on Females drinking beer? Is it unclassy? Do you think it makes them look empowered? Should they be strictly Wine drinkers?:)

2. tony

tony Active Member

It partially depends on the society. For example in my locality many will frown at a woman known to be into beer drinking. This is because this kind of lifestyle is deemed for men. Not just drinking beer same is applicable to smoking here.

AngelaMc likes this.
  3. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well I would guess that it does vary, but if you ask me it does not really affect me all that much until it starts to get over the top, and I have seen some cases of this. Everything in moderation, even for the ladies.

AngelaMc likes this.
  4. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

I know lots of other women who also like beer, so I guess this has never really been a thing for me. I know some ladies prefer to drink from a glass instead of a bottle, etc., but some will chug a beer too.

I see more women getting into craft beer as well. As they should, since it is the good stuff. :) My husband seems pretty happy that I'm getting into it.

AngelaMc likes this.
  5. tony

tony Active Member

I think the watch word is moderation, female drinker that doesn't get drunk would accord more respect to herself in the eyes of the men. In my view female drinkers will gain more respect if they don't drink to stupor and better if they stay off public view when drinking.

AngelaMc likes this.
  6. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

I'd have to say the same for men, @tony. A drunken slob of a man isn't any more attractive than a falling down drunk woman.

Trust me, I was a bartender for quite a while. No one is pretty when they're 'drunk to stupor'. Frankly, most people are quite annoying when they're loaded. Moderation is good for all.

AngelaMc likes this.
  7. tony

tony Active Member

You are correct @thisnthat whether male drinker or a female drinker no one is good when drunk. But one thing I think scene would be worse if a female gets drunk

8. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Why is that? Do you mean it doesn't seem ladylike or whatever or do you have some other reasoning?

Setting aside the drunk part, do you think it's unladylike to drink beer in general?

I like beer. I always have, but now I like really good beer (and I'm a woman).

AngelaMc likes this.
  9. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I think its pretty normal to see women drinking pints in the pubs of england and ireland as well. I also think buying a woman a pint of beer would be a bit cheaper, than a glass of "ages old wine".

Although a woman drinking full pints in ireland will not be looked down upon, the effects of drinking may bring about unladylike types of behavior?

AngelaMc likes this.
  10. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

I think there is a change of trend these days and most of the females are now opting for beer. Though it is a fact that only wine glasses go with a women's personality and beer mugs do look a bit out of place but when it comes to enjoyment everything else takes a back seat.

One should drink what one wants and can control.

AngelaMc likes this.