What Is Your Opinion On Mixing Beer And Soft Drinks?

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by onliner, Feb 27, 2017.

1. jad

jad New Member

I've never tried that either, but it doesn't sound like something that would taste good at all. Those are two entirely different flavors that have no business getting mixed.

2. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Member

I don't drink very often, and i rarely even drink beer since I don't like it's bitter taste. But anyway, even when I do I wouldn't mix it with any kind of soda or anything softer because there is no point in it then. I have never heard of anyone else doing it either but I do believe that people do that sometimes. Anyway no, I don't like the idea of it even though I am not a beer drinker.

3. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

I think it's alright for me. I had a beer mixed with pepsi once on the rocks and it tasted decent. I usually go for it during casual meetups or on dates whenever they serve it so that my scent won't be overflowing with alcoholic smell too much.

4. clair02

clair02 Member

I hear you, Shine_Spirit. I think it's just safer to drink them separately for now. After all, they each do taste amazing on their own and at different occasions.

5. Tiile23

Tiile23 New Member

I don't think its a good idea. I think if you can't drink, don't try or start mixing drinks. Every drink has it's composition and a mixture of them may be harmful. I don't recommend that at all!!

6. tony

tony Active Member

I think that may amount to wasting the beer and soft drink should I miss them together. I have seen someone who did this though he claimed it was ok but when I had a taste I couldn't define that, it wasn't cool at all.

7. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

Great idea!

8. tony

tony Active Member

Mixing beer with soft drink may be okay for some people. This is an act I haven't tried for the thinking this may create some negative effects in the body. Well I do think mixing drinks can have adverse effects on the health.

9. Zero

Zero Member

Well even though i have yet to try, and by the way i'm quite intrigued, i can why some people find it satisfying or exciting to say the least.

10. haroon rasheed

I would like to say that its a nicer experience to mix two different kinds of drinks together.This combination of two drinks is mostly liked by many people.There are a few people who don't like to mix soft drink in their favorite beer.

11. sommax

sommax Member

I had a friend that tried it once in a pub, every guy looked at him as if he is a psycho.

12. Vallante

Vallante New Member

That sounds vile! I've never seen anyone mixing soda with beer. Frankly, I take personal offense to it when people adulterate a good brew with anything, including simple fruit slices. If you want citrus flavor in your beer pick a brew that has those notes already considered in its flavor profile. It's an affront to the time-honored tradition of the brewmaster to do these things. That said, if we're talking about junk beer like Pabst or Budweiser...I mean, you can't make garbage more-garbage than it already is. If I see you doing that to Franziskaner, though, we're going to have words

13. Meeseeks

Meeseeks New Member

Beer with soda? No, thank you. I don't think that will work at all, or it will? hmmm

14. Athanas

Athanas Member

Some types of beer have a very bitter taste which can only be tolerated by mixing it with sweet things. I at very many a times do that.

15. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

I don't mind mixing rum with cola, but beer ? No, I don't think that would work. Then again I've never tried it.

16. dionnextherese

In my opinion, this is very strange and weird because I don't want to ruin the taste of the beer so I don't like to add and mix more drinks to my beer. But I know the taste of every person is different to I guess some people do that kind of practice.

17. akjangra

akjangra New Member

It did sound weird when I we first heard of it but it does taste very nice! I still drink beer occasionally by mixing it with cold drinks. Generally, it does ruin the taste of beer a bit, but can taste much better if the beer is a strong, special one.

18. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I am confused if they are talking about mixing beer and then drinking mixed drinks or actually pouring beer into a soda, but either way it is not good. Actually mixing them together though seems very odd.

19. walter12

walter12 Member

I just don't see how it can work too.