What Is Your Regular Drink?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lexinonomous, May 17, 2016.

1. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

Let's be honest- majority of the time I walk into the bar, I order the same drink. I always have my go-to because it's comfortable and it's what I'm used to. I think my reasoning for revisiting my favorite drink so much is because I know what I'm getting. I don't have to take the risk of not liking a drink that is given to me. We tend to reorder our favorites to play it safe- or we simply enjoy the drink and haven't gotten enough of it yet.

When visiting the bar, what is your regular drink order?
    Do you have a regular drink that you have at home?

2. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I know it's boring but my go to drink is beer. I like draft beer it has a different taste to bottled beer. I don't drink to often at home but if I do I will open a good bottle of wine.

3. kgord

kgord Active Member

I am generally happy with a red or white wine. Red is my fave, but white has fewer calories, and goes better with some foods. I am drinking a bit less of both though, as I am dieting.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Vodka, sometimes plain and simple, sometimes combined with other drinks but vodka is my go to drink to get the party started. Pure alcohol that gets your blood pumping!

5. lexinonomous

That's not boring at all, though! There are so many different beers to choose from. You can almost always find a decent beer to taste, so long as you're at a bar that provides good craft beer. I never drink at home, so I'm right there with you. When I do drink at home it's either a good beer or a nice wine. :)

SirJoe likes this.
  6. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

[​IMG]

Havana Club has a wide variety of rums. Maybe you haven't herd of it because it's not sold in the US, as it's made in Cuba, but outside of the US it's probably one of the best known rums. I think with the drop of the US embargo on Cuban products it could make it's way into the market.

lexinonomous likes this.
  7. lexinonomous

Ah, that makes sense as to why I haven't seen it. The fact that it's not from the US actually makes me more interested in trying it. I wonder if they ever ship into the US Bevmo? Unless it's over the legal alcohol content.

8. Destiny

Destiny Member

I've gotta go with beer or wine. White wine or Marlot are my favorite.

9. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

It could be possible that they might. The embargo between Cuba and the US has been dropped, so there is no reason why they can't import it. I think it's all a question of time before it makes it's way onto the market.

lexinonomous likes this.
  10. lexinonomous

I will have to check in with Bevmo. It shouldn't be easy to find, now that I know what I'm looking for. From what I understand, the US has been getting a lot of importing from Cuba lately. We just started to get a certain Cuban cigar.

11. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

That's good news, if you can get your hands on a bottle I think you will enjoy it.

12. kgord

kgord Active Member

I think it would be very interesting to drink a Cuban rum. I would like to try it and compare it other rums I have had like Bacardi. I am not thinking the difference between the two, would be that vast however. The concept of drinking Cuban Rum is just interesting, and would be inviting.

13. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I found this link that does make an interesting read.

http://rum.underthelabel.com/compare/71-273/Havana-Club-Anejo-3-Anos-Rum-vs-Bacardi-Superior-Rum

As good as it's to see the comparison the proof as they say is in the tasting.

14. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I like to try out stuff but beer is always a good choice. Especially dark one. I love the fact that I don't have to think too much about this. Sometimes I do and I take some cocktail or whiskey, maybe wine or some cider but it is usually beer. It happened several times that I wasn't satisfied with what I got and that never happened with beer.

15. Sue

Sue Active Member

My usual drink is beer but every once in a while I will order a Caesar when I go out. Drinking out can get pretty expensive so I generally stick with beer.

16. artyarson

artyarson Member

I like Jack Daniels. It's a pretty cool drink and I can have a lot of shots without getting dizzy. I've probably mastered it over the time. Jagermeister is also dope!

17. crimsonghost747

Bar: usually beer
    Home: Beer, south american red wine or which ever whisky bottle(s) I have open at the time.

18. kgord

kgord Active Member

I like beer, but I don't drink it on a regular basis. I do have some now, because they were on sale. I usually buy whatever I can get the best value on when it comes to alcoholic beverages. There are some good values to be had on these beverages.

19. Lisa Jo

Lisa Jo Member

I have had Havana Club Rum while on vacation. I didn't really enjoy rum all that much, but when I tried the Havana Club stuff, it seemed much better. I'm so glad the embargo has been lifted between Cuba and the U.S. I can't wait to travel to Cuba without any worries about the U.S. finding out.

Back to the topic at hand, vodka is my go-to drink. How I drink it is something that varies widely. I love Bloody Marys, screwdrivers, sea breezes, Cherry Bombs, Lemon Drops, and vodka straight-up.