What Made You Realize You're Getting Old?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FuZyOn, Jan 16, 2016.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I realized I'm getting old when I started to go to the grocery store and only buy healthy food, not one snack. Also, when I have to buy things for the house and actually prepare food. :p

2. Sue

Sue Active Member

I realized I was getting old when it takes longer to recover after a night of drinking. :/

3. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

Too many things but not my looks. That is quite okay :) . I like older music, I laugh to some older films ... I'm not even that old, not yet 29. Still it is going forward and I feel the same although I realize I am getting older. I noticed I never do things I do not want to. I just say to people to funk off. Just like that. Or when I do something wrong I do not really care to much. It's been a lot since I have worried about these things. I may sound like an ashole but it's just the fact that I'm older and wiser. I do not care.

Sue likes this.
  4. Sue

Sue Active Member

Nothing wrong with that. As you get older you tend to care less about what others think. You don't have the peer pressure you had when you were younger. You live life for yourself and if others don't like it, it really doesn't matter. It is like you said, you get older and wiser.

5. penny

penny New Member

LOL. Like Sue I recently had a reminder that I can no longer drink a whole bottle of wine without unfortunate consequences. Not that it is a good practice anyway. It's kind of amazing that 20-odd years ago I could do that with no problem :)

6. malavicious

malavicious New Member

Probably when my nephew entered high school. That and the fact that it takes far longer to recover after a night of drinking nowadays. I also can't be bothered with all the new iphones and whatever gadgets and gizmos kids are raving about nowadays, my old phone works perfectly fine for me.

7. thash1979

thash1979 New Member

The moment when you are trying to explain to your 13 year old about the first cell phone you had when you were 18. You know, the huge Motorola flip phones that looked like military issues walkie talkies... Then you tell her that there wasn't text messaging or data usage because basically that wasn't invented yet. Yep, I got that "you're old" look.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Haha, that's something that I noticed as well! Drinking a lot of water before going to bed definitely helps.

Sue likes this.
  9. Sue

Sue Active Member

I try to remember that one but I usually just crawl into bed and pass out. The next morning I am like "Oh I should have drank water before I went to bed." I do it every time. Sometimes I will wake in the night and drink water though.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, I leave a note for myself if I know I'm gonna get drunk that night so I don't forget to drink water, otherwise a bad hangover is waiting for me. You should try that! :D

Sue likes this.
  11. Sue

Sue Active Member

That is a great idea. I will have to remember to do that the next time I know I am going to end up having a few too many. Great suggestion. Thanks.

12. richj8am30

richj8am30 New Member

My girlfriend is almost a decade younger than me, she is 21 of course but I feel old every single time that she starts talking about a TV show or something that I did not watch at the time because I was supposedly an adult at the time. It is really funny when she starts going off about something that was pout when she was only 10 yrs old or something and I will be weird about it because I was 18 going on 19 at the time. I don't know why she feels so comfortable about it. Our relationship is based on the fact that no matter how many times I blocked her online or anything she still found a way to come back. I guess its okay but I still feel weird. I don't know how the sugar daddies and cougars do it.

Sue likes this.
  13. Sue

Sue Active Member

Sounds like she knew what she wanted and she went after it. After all age is just a number and when it comes to love it really makes no difference. As long as you get along and love each other nothing else matters. My niece is almost 30 years younger then her husband and they have a great relationship.

14. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

You're in a little bit of a pickle, I guess communication is key here. Have you ever voiced your thoughts to her?

15. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Yes, that is probably what I'm going through right now. I don't really care what others think and just live my life.

16. artyarson

artyarson Member

My first wrinkles. Even though I still feel like a child 50% of all time.

17. Destiny

Destiny Member

Ugh... Drinking legally, getting married and having children. The usual crap that we all have to go through, or most of us anyways.

18. crimsonghost747

Hmm... honestly I start having those moments where I realize that I'm not 20 anymore. But I still mainly live my life like a 20 year old so I guess I'm not too old yet! :p

19. kgord

kgord Active Member

Gray hair and wrinkles without a doubt. When you start to see that, you realize you are not young anymore. I mean some people may be prematurely gray, but not in my family! Wrinkles for sure are a dead give away!

Shana Peckover likes this.
  20. Shana Peckover

Shana Peckover New Member

When my sons both reached their twenties......it hit me pretty hard. But, I definitely don't feel or act old!